Phone calls in the wee hours are never good!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Got a call at 1:10am. Looked at the number and dismissed it at first. Then got an alert on the phone regarding the business.

Well, I'm at work... it is 3:12am and there's no ETA on being able to go back home. Waiting for both data to move and parts to arrive....

So much for meeting Papageno and his GF later today.... :rant:

Well, I do have K-Cups here but I am waiting for data to move so I'm thinking about an alarm on the cell and a couple hour nap now. ;) Nothing I can do to get the servers back up until this is moved. If only we had a hammock here!

hey buddy don't feel to bad it could be worse. I'm currently working 6 days a week 12 hours a day on night shift. Talk about feeling like a vampire lol

Well, I do have K-Cups here but I am waiting for data to move so I'm thinking about an alarm on the cell and a couple hour nap now. ;) Nothing I can do to get the servers back up until this is moved. If only we had a hammock here!

Get the Green Mountain Wild Mountain Blueberry, best K-cup out there, if you ask me.

11-K-Cup-Detail-GMC-Wild-Mountain-lg.jpg

Sorry you got called in. Did you ride the FZ1? It a nice enough night here. I hope you get back home soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after a long day with the dogs, working on the bikes and washing them, grilling burgers and dogs and having a few beers, the last thing I wanted was a night at work. At least I'd gone to bed fairly early so I did get about 2 hours sleep before the call came in.

Now I'm trying to reach co-workers and they are not answering.

@Troy, yes, those are GOOD cups! I have the GM Columbian Fair Trade Select here. About to brew some because I'm not going to be able to sleep now.

The good part of this is I am able to take advantage of the unscheduled down time to complete some work that would have required scheduled outages. :tup: May as well turn a bad thing into whatever good I can get out of it!

I work 7pm to 7am (more like 6p-7a with 1/2 hr drive both ways), but usually only 3 days a week, sometimes 4 days.

If you normally work days, this crap screws everything up. Just like if I had to go to work for a dumb a$$ meeting at 1pm and then come back to work that night. (yeah, it's happened... It didn't cause a happy feeling)

Got a call at 1:10am. Looked at the number and dismissed it at first. Then got an alert on the phone regarding the business.

Well, I'm at work... it is 3:12am and there's no ETA on being able to go back home. Waiting for both data to move and parts to arrive....

So much for meeting Papageno and his GF later today.... :rant:

Gonna be a good war story. :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Still here... still plugging. I think I can see the end coming and it's good news. Maybe I can catch some Zzzzz's in a while and still get an afternoon ride in? Or do I sit back with the Sam Adams and bask in this victorious recovery?!?!

Still won't be completely recovered until late Monday to mid-day Tuesday though... One LONG process left to run and then I can throw in the new parts.

Time for another K-Cup.....

Wow! Your gonna need a nap!
I work a 4 am to 4 pm shift, but I commute about 90 minutes one way. Everything's far in TEXAS! :)

1am to 5pm, the data centers for both companies are 100% online and running. No sleep and I'm actually not sleepy, just run down. Celebrating with a couple Shock Top Lemon Shandy brews.

Normally it is me and one other guy but he left the company for a better offer. We would tag-team a situation like this but I'm now last man standing until we can find another person so it's all me!

It was an experience and yes Brad, it's a heck of a war story! ;)

I hope your company understands and truly appreciates what you do for them. It ain't easy being a one man show!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Damn dude. Long day!

Me and her and a buddy of mine ended up going to the Cape, and some other places. Worked well and the seat top cushion that I made for her held up well and she was comfortable for the 196 miles we did.

Back