Peg scraping

dduck

In all the reviews experts note clearance issues. I never rub my pegs on this bike, i did on my ninja 650. Are the experts over stating this or will I run into trouble at the track?

I'd imagine that there are a lot of variables that factor into dragging your pegs on the FZ1 or any other bike. Suspension setup, aftermarket shock and or fork springs, body position, lean angle, etc. Riders that hang off more than others would probably be less likely to drag hardware than riders that hang off less and lean the bike more. "Not dragging" your pegs doesn't mean that your a better or worse rider than the next guy. I've never been in a "track day" situation, but I think I'd rather not drag my "hardware" when on the track. I would think that too much stuff dragging would have the possibility of upsetting the bike mid corner and that wouldn't be good. Just my thoughts on the subject.:tup:

drag knees not pegs

hard to drag one without the other on the gen1
this is the right side the left is much worse
footpegs.jpg

I'm not a particularly fast or skilled rider but the only time I managed to scrape the pegs on my Gen 1 was when I made a mistake or had horrible body positioning. Although I know it's meaningless as well, I didn't really have any chicken strips on the rear so I I don't really understand how it all works.

My Gen 1 had fork & shock springs and the sag done, that was it.

What does it all mean? It's all a bunch of voodoo magic to me :dontknow:

hard to drag one without the other on the gen1
this is the right side the left is much worse
footpegs.jpg

Stretch.......being from Florida, the only time i drag the pegs is my once a year week trip up north to your neck of the woods.
Down here the only way is if I lay it down: oops:

06 fz1 and never came close to grinding peg,never rode track.fz1 is not really meant for the track unless you want to set it up that way and if so I would look for some racing parts.Only bike I had that did was a 08 suzuki boulevard c50 with floor boards.Great bike for cruising,very low center gravity and fuel injected.Only prob was they put the boards on the lowest part of the frame(boneheads),lol.Ground them twice once on a 180 corner at 20mph.Sold that sucker as I don't like rash.got a 01 fz1 and fell in love now got 06 and except for the seat(which sucks)it's great.

Make sure to remove the peg feelers and you should be fine depending on your level of riding and BP. Get your feet in the right places on the pegs and you will most likely feel it on your slider before your pegs. If your peg is touching down before your toe slider, you probably need to start by adjusting your feet and require some major BP adjustments, just like the rest of us! :)

Ride safely, and hopefully I'll see you out at the track sometime.

I was was occasionally grinding my pegs (minus the feelers) on the street. It was annoying to me. I now have rear-sets and I'm more comfortable as well.

When cornering get your butt off the seat, bend your inside knee, and keep the ball of your foot on the peg, this way you don't have to lean the bike over as far to turn. However even with this technique I still sometimes drag my pegs when cornering very aggressively on the track. I wouldn't mind having adjustable rear sets with slightly higher pegs .

I have q2's on my fiz and have been out to the last 1/16" or so of tire and havent touched a peg. I'm about 190 so that may be why.
I have to admit sometime I act like an idiot, Ive come thru the 55mph corners on my road at 117 and havent touched one!

Back