Opinions on a Yamaha C Cubed (c3) scooter

My buddy's wife in the Keys was riding her 49cc back to the house. She made a left turn to go down her street and a motorcycle entered the street she was on and clipped her rear tire.

She was not wearing a helmet and suffered severe head trauma. Paramedics flew her to Miami where they removed part of her skull to allow her brain to swell without causing further damage. Doctors put her in an induced coma and implanted the skull fragment into her abdomen to keep it alive for future transplantation.

Needless to say she survived, but it has been a tough road for her family. One year later her speech and movements are slow. It is doubtful she will return to normal.

So since the past week was a whirlwind I wanted to get back to the topic. I am still hoping to find a low mileage and clean scooter for the wife to start out on. Would prefer the c3 still. Anyone else have first hand experience?

Wanted to post an update. I have postponed my search for a c3 for the wife...she didn't want something so nice and new to learn on. She was afraid if she dropped it it would ruin it. So I'm going to look for a nice older Yamaha or Honda ....like a riva or jazz.

But since I sold my fz1 I thought I might look for a fun toy for myself and ended up coming home with a 2011 zuma 125 for me!

The zuma is a blast and will keep my foot in the riding arena. It's perfect for me to putt to and from work in my smaller town, and will hold me and the wife around town too.

It's such a blast to ride!

Here's a pic...more detailed review to follow tonight!

aefd091a-93c9-40fd.jpg

Wanted to post an update. I have postponed my search for a c3 for the wife...she didn't want something so nice and new to learn on. She was afraid if she dropped it it would ruin it. So I'm going to look for a nice older Yamaha or Honda ....like a riva or jazz.

But since I sold my fz1 I thought I might look for a fun toy for myself and ended up coming home with a 2011 zuma 125 for me!

The zuma is a blast and will keep my foot in the riding arena. It's perfect for me to putt to and from work in my smaller town, and will hold me and the wife around town too.

It's such a blast to ride!

Here's a pic...more detailed review to follow tonight!

Nice!!! Congrats! Let's see some draggin' knee video! ;) Those are a lot of fun, much more so than the 50cc.

Back