One More, Johnny's Track Bike Build

Yes!

And clear coat me too. Must preserve what's left of me . . .
Seriously, Johnny's project is looking sweet for sure. Just be patient. You can't rush greatness . . .!!
:woot:

Wrinkle removal

The weather coming to Indiana this week is going to be in the 50's and I can remove most of my wrinkles by firing up the FZ and twisting the throttle to WFO . . .:woot:

My impatience got the better of me to day. I did a lot of wet sanding and had every thing looking great. I decided to clear coat the fender and the rear cowl. I have to leave the garage door open because we have a apartment above it and I don't want to fume out our tenant. I'm guessing it was to cold after about 1 minute it wrinkled up like a old mans skin. Back to sanding again. I guess I'm on hold for temps above 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it will be almost 60 degrees around here on Monday so it should be pretty much the same by you. Time to spray that clear coat again...

Well I took the fender and the cowl down repainted and cleared. I stripped the black tank I bought primed and laid the white down on it. It still needs some time to harden up before sanding. I could have had the fairing complete but once again lack of patience got the better of my and need to do some sanding and repairing tomorrow. I looks good, definitely not professional but I'm okay with it.
IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

My Brake lines and pads are in so the should be installed sometime soon.

Hey Johnny, awesome job on the paint. She's coming along great.

Hey, just an idea....... Go to your Photobucket page and change the setting so the photos will automatically "link out" at 800x600. This way they will fit on the page here perfectly. Keep up the great work!

John how did you make out with the paint, we have had some really nice weather the last two days. I am anxious to see the finished product.

I'm getting close. I had to rewire a room in the house and have been splitting my time between the two this week. I need to put the blue on the tank, clear the upper, clear the tank when its done and paint two small plastic pieces. I'm hoping to be done and mounted by Sunday. Today I installed my Galfer front lines. I ordered EBC HH pads all around I got 1 set of fronts and the rears today. I still waiting for the rear line and 1 set of front pads. I want to set in the pads before the bike is not legal any more so I hoping that stuff come in ASAP.

I'm getting close. I had to rewire a room in the house and have been splitting my time between the two this week. I need to put the blue on the tank, clear the upper, clear the tank when its done and paint two small plastic pieces. I'm hoping to be done and mounted by Sunday. Today I installed my Galfer front lines. I ordered EBC HH pads all around I got 1 set of fronts and the rears today. I still waiting for the rear line and 1 set of front pads. I want to set in the pads before the bike is not legal any more so I hoping that stuff come in ASAP.

Awesome, you will have to let me know when your done I will take a ride up and check it out.

Back