On the road again....just can't wait to get on the road again.

MrsFZ1inNH

So the physical therapist said he'd let me get back on my bike after the first week of October. Screw dat boo! I'm going out for a jaunt TOMORROW!!! I'm tired of not being able to ride. Shoulder is not 100% yet, but is much better than it was 7 weeks ago. Bike plugged into the trickle charger....check. Mama excited to be riding again....double check. At least I'll be wearing all the gear....Norm. :poke: Being off the bike for the past 7 weeks, even with all the gear, tells me I don't ever want to ride without it.

Yes, tomorrow we are headed out. She's going to make a 40 minute ride with me to meet up with a long-time friend from the FZ6 forum, also an Eric, an see how she feels at that point. Two things could happen, she is not well enough and goes back home or she is OK and heads out on a ride with us. Hoping for the latter of the two! If she is really sore, our son with his GF and our granddaughter Sophia is just minutes from the meeting place so she can go there, ice the shoulder, visit with the baby, then head home after a good rest! But, Michele is a very strong-willed woman and puts up with a lot of pain from other things daily. I'm betting she "rides on!"

Glad to get my riding partner back!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: :tup: Saddle up!!!!!!

Now thats what I want to hear! Don't let a little "bum" shoulder hold you back! I'm happy that you guys are heading out. Maybe a little ride will exercise the "wing" a little! Let us know how it goes.;)

Great news Michele!
But at the risk of sounding motherly (although I would prefer sounding concerned), I do hope you take it somewhat easy.
I'll be sure to check in tomorrow to see how your ride was,
And I'd also tell you to have fun, but I think that goes without saying :sport12:

You are one lucky man, Michele sounds like a salt of the earth biker !! Good luck with the shoulder. If things do not work out with hubby there is a place for you down here lolup

So the physical therapist said he'd let me get back on my bike after the first week of October. Screw dat boo! I'm going out for a jaunt TOMORROW!!! I'm tired of not being able to ride. Shoulder is not 100% yet, but is much better than it was 7 weeks ago. Bike plugged into the trickle charger....check. Mama excited to be riding again....double check. At least I'll be wearing all the gear....Norm. :poke: Being off the bike for the past 7 weeks, even with all the gear, tells me I don't ever want to ride without it.

After my shoulder surgery my biggest fear was that I would not be able to take riding. Thankfully that was not the case, and I have made up for lost time ever since. I am sure you will to. Nothing like a bit of bike therapy to refresh the spirit. Everything else seems to follow after.

After my shoulder surgery my biggest fear was that I would not be able to take riding. Thankfully that was not the case, and I have made up for lost time ever since. I am sure you will to. Nothing like a bit of bike therapy to refresh the spirit. Everything else seems to follow after.

It was an AWESOME ride today. Did almost 250 miles in a huge circle around the state. My shoulder is a little swollen, but nothing a bag of ice won't cure. Will take some ibuprofen tonight and confess to the physical therapist tomorrow that I rode. LOL!! It was a beautiful day out and the leaves are starting to change up on the Kankamangus highway very nicely. It went much better than I expected considering the length of the ride, but we all broke it up into shorter sections by taking breaks. It was a great day! Thanks to hubby and OldFast007 from the FZ6 board for a lot of fun today.

The forecast was for a cloudy day. By the time we met up with the other Eric and hit the road, it was clearing up fast! Perfect day with almost no clouds in site. The colors just starting to come in to autumn... A terrific long ride with my best friend and another great friend! I LOVE having my riding partner back! I'm so glad you jumped back in after 7 weeks without a ride and took the bull by the horns!

Thank you for an awesome day Honey! :D :yes: :tup:

I was gonna make some wisea$$ remark about karma being a biotch regarding all the scar tissue I accumulated over the years whenever I was in close proximity to Mich ... :fencers:

Oh ... I see what I did there :evilgrin:

Congrats on the ride ... can I assume you did the Kank?

Are the leaves starting to turn yet?

Take it easy lady ... don't push yourself too hard.

Leaves are just turning Joe. Starting to look VERY nice in the mountains! We did the Kanc but there was a lot of traffic and it is very rough up there. They had to do a lot of repairs just to make it passable after that b*tch Irene came though.

Billy, we did not stop and take pics. Maybe I'll get up there in the next week or two and take a GoPro video of the Kanc and areas... Awesome stuff!

I was gonna make some wisea$$ remark about karma being a biotch regarding all the scar tissue I accumulated over the years whenever I was in close proximity to Mich ... :fencers:

Oh ... I see what I did there :evilgrin:

Congrats on the ride ... can I assume you did the Kank?

Are the leaves starting to turn yet?

Take it easy lady ... don't push yourself too hard.

Yep, we rode the Kank. There were a lot of repaired areas to it and one of the bridges is still shut down 'cause it washed out. The leaves up there are turning some pretty brilliant colors. It was a VERY nice ride. I'll behave myself until next weekend. :nana:

Now you know that first remark means you'll suffer more scar tissue, right?? :)

Back