Oil

Call me a Freek :kuku: I just like me stuff in TOP shape is all. When I ran 2 strokes, a new plug each day, some times twice. Rode the piss outa them.

Uhm sorry but that's not nice to the environment. Wasting oil like this is not ok. The oil gets fast dark because of certain additives which "clean" the engine. The color does not tell much about the lubrication properties of the oil.

Of course only at the bay the 10w40 would be fine.

I live in the Sierras, and the T6 has been good enough. This is a liquid cooled motor afterall.

All these NO BUENO comments crack me up. I had a 89 GSXR 1100 (air cooled) that had 62K on the clock when I sold it. It ran nothing but M1 EC oil. The clutch pack was all OEM.

There are very few things that tell us whether an oil works good or not in our rides. When I switched from M1 0-40 to the T6, the shifting improved noticeably.

Call me a Freek :kuku: I just like me stuff in TOP shape is all. When I ran 2 strokes, a new plug each day, some times twice. Rode the piss outa them.
WTF I used platinums in my two strokes. changed them every second race meeting just to be sure but never ever had one fouled. Ran them in my road two strokes too and they ran for 20000km without problems.

What is T 6 oil ? Nothing like a new plug that you Know isn't going to leave you on the side.

Well I recycle the oil so no waste herer. The earth is fulllllll of that stuff, don't you watch the News :nothing:

T6 got it. So just drain and add this with now wash out ? Will I get more miles on this oil, 3-4K ?

Drain out the old and put in the T6. Owner's manual says to change oil every 4k miles and most owner's probably do that, but you could probably go double that on a full synthetic. I'd change it at least yearly, just because. And I replace the filter each time even though the manual says every other time is ok.

Isn't there a miles line like Time line on switching to this stuff ? I'm sure the engine is now broke in.

Not with modern manufacturing techniques. Many vehicles come from the factory with full syn oil. Personally, I have allways changed the oil with std dino around the 500 miles mark to remove any junk leftover from the machining. Then another 1000 before switching to full syn. The main reason is just for flushing out any crap.

Seems to work, as Ive had several mc's go to 90-100K before selling. Never had any engine or clutch failure.

Since its very hard to asses engine wear until you get a oil loss/useage without taking it apart, for most its a matter of fuel consumption or shifting that tells us that 1 oil is better than another. I prefer the shifting with the T6.

Crap you come down that far for oil ? Well there are 2 more here to check out. That big one on I-5 in Marysville don't carry it ? They have pallets of oil last week. Didn't have my GTX 10-30 either.

You guys run 5-40 W ??

Last edited:
One gallon of Rotella locally is $54.99. Wal-Mart in Bellingham sells it for $21

It's worth coming down :) I often just bring a jug back whenever I am visiting the US anyway. I've got about 10 gallons stocked up in my garage now

Last edited:
The T6 comes in a 5w40 only. I think it's also the only one that is full synthetic. The T5 is a silver bottle and is a semi-syn and the white bottle is just a conventional. I don't know if they are 'wet clutch friendly' or JASO-MA certified.

Stick with the full synthetic T6 :) Look for the blue bottle

Last edited:
Back