Official YZF Makeover Thread

I agree that you will have to see how obnoxious it is to you while riding. I don't think I could stand it if it was too loud with normal riding. I'm glad you got frame sliders too! Have you started a carbon fiber addiction? Carbon fiber looks great with that gray/silver and black color scheme! :poke:

The deep tone without the Killer in, is pretty awesome. I'm going to remove it tomorrow for my ride to see how loud it is on the road. Then I'll make a decision when I get home.

I like it better without. I wear earplugs though so a little louder never bothers me. But I always prefer a deeper growl.

I agree that you will have to see how obnoxious it is to you while riding. I don't think I could stand it if it was too loud with normal riding. I'm glad you got frame sliders too! Have you started a carbon fiber addiction? Carbon fiber looks great with that gray/silver and black color scheme! :poke:

Thanks Troy, no CF Addiction here. I just couldn't find anything other for this bike. There's not too much to choose from unfortunately.

Yeah, after tomorrow's ride I'll make a decision on the insert. I like the low mellow growl, I just don't want people whining when I leave for work at 5:50am. I don't believe that it's any louder than the FZ1. It's just that I haven't been riding for 8 months so I forgot how loud it was.

I'll be hitting the mountain tomorrow with GoPro in hand. Of course my GoPro Mounts didn't arrive to me today so I'll be doing the helmet mount for tomorrow. Hopefully my mounts get to me on Monday so I can start outfitting the bike.

Hey Billy I do like the sound of it w/o the dbkiller in place. It's probably not going to be too loud since the EXUP valve really tames the noise in the lower RPMs. Mine sounds louder for some reason and I ended up leaving the dbkiller in both the FZ1 and YZF so far. They are loud enough for me...

So I was sad to had to work today, but happy as heck that when I got there, so was some goodies! I now have the new GoPro Mounts, Frame Sliders, and Carbon Fiber Triple Cover.

Also, I'm happy that now my winter storage buddy took his cruiser out of the garage, so I have plenty of room to tinker again!
IMG_3400.jpg

Here are the Goodies that arrived today!
IMG_3401.jpg

I loosened the pich bolt and removed the engine mount bolt and installed the right side slider.
IMG_3402.jpg

The left side doesn't have a pinch bolt so its just a matter of removing the engine bolt and installing the slider. I made sure to use locktite on this side.
IMG_3407.jpg

I then mounted the Carbon Fiber Triple Cover. It is an awesome set of "real" carbon fiber, and has the insert for around the key as well.
IMG_3410.jpg

It looks much nicer without that "silver" triple amongst all the black parts.
IMG_3412.jpg

I finished up by mounting a couple of the GoPro mounts. I installed one on the tank, one on the tail, and I left the rest for when I can sit and think about some good angles.
IMG_3413.jpg

And the day wouldn't be complete without the "obligatory" onboard video!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXg6AYLBse0&feature=plcp]GoPro Views On YZF1000 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Looking good! CF triple tree cover looks fantastic. Liked the vid minus the lack of passing people illegally, flying down the highway at 120+, pointing the nose to the sky, and lots of stoppies.

;)

Billy those sliders and CF triple cover look great! I have an earlier version of the CF triple cover on my YZF and it doesn't cover the whole top section...:(

Orange County Ride 5-11-2012

I didn't want to start a new thread for just a quick jaunt up to Orange County today so I put it here. I rode 149 miles today and no worse for wear thankfully. I did however, find my limits on the YZF. I have to stop at least every 60 miles or so to stretch my legs. Just a quick 5 minute rest and I'm good for another 60 or so miles. I rode up past West Point and took the back roads up to O.C.C. and Orange County. It was a great day but got really windy on the way back which "spooked" me a couple of times up on the mountain. Those side winds are treacherous!

So here are some pics and a small video I made from today's ride. No GoPro action, just regular camera today.

I started my day up at Ivan's shop to say hello and pick up some fuel additive. He wasn't there yet but his son helped me out. Thanks David!
IMG_3438.jpg

Next stop was Orange County Choppers to see who I could see.
IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg

It is a crappy pic because of the lighting but this was Rick and Mike working on a bike.
IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

And here is me inside the OCC Bathroom. Nice bathroom I might add!
IMG_3456.jpg

After OCC I rode over to Paul Jr's place but as usual, they aren't letting anyone in, including his fans. It's getting kind of "old" already and I don't think I'll be wasting anymore of my time going to his place. It's very "fan Unfriendly" and quite frankly a turn-off.

So I went to Vinny's place, V-Force Customs, where they know me already and are always willing to let me in to chat. Jarrod is a great guy and is always very accomodating when I go there.
IMG_3457.jpg

Just before I left for the ride home, Vinny DiMartino himself pulled up outside with some cargo to unload at the shop. I said my hello's and headed home.
IMG_3459.jpg

I had a great ride, nothing too crazy, just a nice paced enjoyable ride. I strung together a short video of today's happenings. Nothing great, just quick tidbits to see.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMbuS_5GFlU&list=UUtIiPrXXOnkIUMfJ6mRxgkQ&index=1&feature=plcp]Orange County Ride - YouTube[/ame]

Back