Official YZF Makeover Thread

Only my cousin could make my FZ1 look hotter than it was! Unfortunately neither of us are from Tennessee nor West Virginia. :cry: Haha!!!

IMG_1341.jpg

How the hell did I miss this pic!!!! For give me for the filthy thoughts I am having right now!! :laugh2:

I just got my wheel stripes and tank pad at the same time! What a great Friday. Everything is back on schedule again. Richie will be picking up the Headers from the powdercoater in a little while as well.

By the way, if anyone is interested in one of the nicest companies for tank pads, I have a 10% Off Coupon on anything they sell. It's from ...
Immortal Graphix Motorcycle Tank Pads and Motorcycle Graphics

The first person to PM me about it can have the code they gave me. It's an excellent product.

Okay, I finished the rim stripes and have the rear wheel completely back together. I still have to get the front rotors on and torqued down but I figured to put a couple of shots up in the meantime.

Front Wheel ready for rotors.
IMG_2795.jpg

Rear Wheel Sprocket side.....
IMG_2804.jpg

Rear Wheel rotor side....
IMG_2805.jpg

I called the powder coater today and just as I suspected it was still in the oven and won't be ready until tomorrow. I'll work on the rear of the bike until I get the call and then send Richie to pick them up. I had a feeling that it wouldn't be done in time. :(

Gonna add in this pic of the front wheel all finished with rotors scotch brighted and installed....
IMG_2806.jpg

That's it for the wheels! The next time they will be photographed, they will be on the bike.

Last edited:
Damn Billy...those look amazing!! The red lettering really makes them Pop!! I'm getting excited to see the end result of all your hard work! :bowdown:

Thanks Guys! If I ever do it again I will go with the narrower stripes. These are the 1/4" that I bought but they actually are more like 5/16th. They would have looked better with the darker gray showing both top and bottom instead of just the edge of the lip. I'm sure that they will look better once they are on the bike and with the bodywork on. I'm happy with them.

Back