Official YZF Makeover Thread

Wow Bill big day you really were able to get a lot done,

:thewave::thewave::thewave:

Thanks guys. It is going to take me a week to recuperate from this weekend. I'm so glad that all the major work is now done. What I have left to do:

Change Spark Plugs

Install the Exhaust Headers.....If I ever get them back from the coater!!!!!

Install the radiator and fill with new coolant

Drain rear brake reservoir

Install rear braided brake line and fill with new fluid

Bleed clutch, and replace with new fluid

Install Yoshi Pipe and hook up EXUP Valve

Lubricate brake, clutch, choke, and throttle cables

Clean the rest of the body panels

I'm sure there may be some other things that I can't remember right now but I'll figure it out as I go along. This has been the biggest build I have done and the most rewarding. I haven't ridden this bike one time yet but I am in love with it!

Great work

That is an amazing amount of work, especially considering that you ahve a rather small workshop, and I know from yesterday how that goes. Sitting on the floor and working without a lift makes the amount of work even more impressive! I had spotted that rusty braket last set of pictures and I feel better now that it's done.:poke: I dispise rust and dirt on a machine and I know you feel the same.

Great progress Billy! Those brake lines fit very well. I didn't think you'd have an issue with the FZ1 calipers and they look great on there. I'll try to get out there soon buddy ;)

Well you know for sure there's no air in there now :D

I have to wait for you to come to check the EXUP Cable routing. I wasn't able to pass them through between the swingarm and motor. Just not enough space. Maybe you could check yours when you have time or take a snapshot for me underneath the bike. I should have the exhaust back today after work...............I hope!:waiting:

This project is coming along nicely, well done!

And thanks for all the pics and updates, it is very inspiring to see this project move along!!!!

:cheers:

I have to wait for you to come to check the EXUP Cable routing. I wasn't able to pass them through between the swingarm and motor. Just not enough space. Maybe you could check yours when you have time or take a snapshot for me underneath the bike. I should have the exhaust back today after work...............I hope!:waiting:

Oh that's where they go...between the swingarm and motor. I do remember that it wasn't easy to get them through there. That's why I had suggested to you to route them before putting the swingarm back. I know I routed them through there on mine so I should be able to get yours in there as well. Think I used a "trick" from the Thunderace board of taking the one cable apart at the adjuster to get it through.

Last edited:
Holy Crap! It may be easier for me just to remove the swingarm axle for a second and have someone route them through. I wouldn't have to remove everything to do it. Should be easy enough. Thanks.

Holy Crap! It may be easier for me just to remove the swingarm axle for a second and have someone route them through. I wouldn't have to remove everything to do it. Should be easy enough. Thanks.

Well now that you have everything bolted back up (including the shock) it wont such an easy job to just remove the swingarm bolt. Trust me I can route the cables through ;)

Back