****Official Trivia Thread****

So as not to hold up the thread. Steven King. The story was in a collection of short stories and was made into a movie. Like So Many. Will post the rest of the answer by lunch today if no one can google this one.:stupidPC:

Well, not knowing the answer, I was going to say Steven King and Christine. But Christine wasn't about a painting. So I guess I was halfway there. Thanks Oldschool.

next question

O.K. as promised.
Writer Richard Kinnell is on a way back from a check-up where he's found out he may soon be facing death. On his way home he stops off at a garage sale and is intrigued by a painting of a vicious killer driving a car. Kinnell buys the picture, but as he heads home he realizes that the painting is...changing. The car in the picture is following his route, and getting closer with every minute...

The story is from Steven King's " Nightmares & Dreamscapes" and was called "The Road Virus Heads North". As with so many of his stories, the story is much better.

Now it is someone else's turn for a stumper

Answered

Ok...here we go. I'll make this one motorcycle related, even Yamaha related at that, but it wont be an easy one...I doubt Google can help you, but I could be wrong.

I'll preface this by saying that it's my all time favorite bike and the first mass produced "modern" sport bike. It sent the engineers from the all the other manufacturers back to the drawing board. And Yamaha did it all over again years later with the introduction of the 1998 R1...

How many 1989 FZR 1000's were imported into the US?

ANSWERED

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to get things going I'll guess three and a half...

Well you're not even close Norm ;)

We can blame this one on Billy since he said make it a good one. I took that as make it challenging and since it's Yamaha related...

I'll post the answer this evening if no one has gotten it by then. Don't want to hold this up too much.

Are you sure the magazine is called Cycle Magazine or Cycle World, because when I search it on the web, it comes back as a bicyclist magazine from the UK.

Well I guess you weren't reading motorcycle magazines back then...LOL. It was called Cycle. Eventually it was bought out by the same publisher that published Cycle World and they were sort of combined into one keeping the Cycle World name. Here's a picture of the magazine in question:

76-3.jpg

Well I guess you weren't reading motorcycle magazines back then...LOL. It was called Cycle. Eventually it was bought out by the same publisher that published Cycle World and they were sort of combined into one keeping the Cycle World name. Here's a picture of the magazine in question:

76-3.jpg

Man, that thing looks mint! Is that a shot of your actual magazine? If so, your a stickler like me for keeping my rags looking brand new. I don't even let people look at my magazines. They have a bad habit of bending the pages which drives me crazy!

No, that's just a picture of the magazine cover I found online....well I wont keep you guys waiting any longer since it doesn't seem like anybody is going to come up with the correct answer....

There were 1000 of these beauties imported in 1989

Somebody else can have a turn at posting a trivia question now...

Back