Official 2014 Moto GP Discussion Thread-Do not come here if you haven't seen the Race

Actually he did crash in his rookie year, he was fortunate and did not get hurt.

Sure, he crashed, but every other rider did as well. It's not a mark against Mark (no pun intended) but rather a testament to his skills that he didn't crash worse than he did

Last edited:
Sure, he crashed, but every other rider did as well. It's not a mark against Mark (no pun intended) but rather a testament to his skills that he didn't crash worse than he did

True, and a testament to his skills that he shook the dust off and rode to a championship win.

What a crazy race today, those first few laps were nuts! Seems like the Hondas just have an edge that Rossi and Jorge are gonna have a tough time beating on the yamahas. Makes me wonder what Yamaha needs to do to get that little extra oomph to keep up. Dani was flying, would have been cool to see him battling Marquez.

Klurejr;177061Seems like the Hondas just have an edge that Rossi and Jorge are gonna have a tough time beating on the yamahas. Makes me wonder what Yamaha needs to do to get that little extra oomph to keep up. Dani was flying said:
They have a freeze on engine development for 2014 :( all Yamaha can do is play with the electronics and chassis setup. Those Honda's are looking unbeatable !!!
The Honda has been inching away from Yamaha bit by bit the last few years. Now with Marquez riding one Yamaha is in trouble ! Even Pedrosa coming from behind , passing Lorenzo and pulling away :( I'm getting a bad feeling 2014 is going to be a Honda show. Lets hope Yamaha can step it up at some of the tracks that favor the Yamaha.

Great race! Marquez is really something! He's unbelievable! I know the Honda is the best bike on the field but it's important to remember that he dominated Moto2 on what was said to be an inferior bike. I mean, he started from the back of the field at Valencia and WON the race.

I'm glad to see Rossi on form again. He's struggling like Lorenzo is but the two of them really seem to be on a level playing field now in terms of pace

Oh don't get me wrong. Marquez is riding the wheels off that Honda. I'd like to see Rossi and Pedrosa on Honda's and Lorenzo and Marquez on the Yamaha's . Now that would make for some good close racing !

I'd love to see Stoner and Marquez go head to head. Even better add Jorge in too.

I think the engine freeze and a lot of their other rules this year are bad. It is the cream of the crop. Let em race.Remove fuel limits. Let them develop and remove electronic restrictions. It's turning I to a one design class.

I think Rossi has had his day and should step aside and let a young guy onto the bike like Crutchlow or one of the Espargaro brothers. They'll be able to get amongst it.

Oh don't get me wrong. Marquez is riding the wheels off that Honda. I'd like to see Rossi and Pedrosa on Honda's and Lorenzo and Marquez on the Yamaha's . Now that would make for some good close racing !

I don't think so. The way Marquez is riding is not bike-related. From what many of the top experts are saying as well. Marquez is in a league of his own and would win handily on either the Yamaha or the Honda.

I don't think so. The way Marquez is riding is not bike-related. From what many of the top experts are saying as well. Marquez is in a league of his own and would win handily on either the Yamaha or the Honda.

Not when you see the Honda has a clear advantage on the long straights..... That is all bike.

You put Jorge on Dani's bike and the fight for the lead will be different.

Outstanding race at Jerez. Tons of fighting all through the field and the opening laps were outstanding at the front full stop. Another botched start for Lorenzo but he didn't seem to have the pace towards the end, being picked off by Pedrosa and falling back. I was really pleased with Rossi placing second but the post-race interview he didn't seem to be happy with the bike. The battle for 5th was extremely entertaining between Dovi, Aleix Espargaro, Bautista and Bradl. Hayden did well to get top Open Class :)

What a great season so far. Le Mans in 2 weeks!

Not when you see the Honda has a clear advantage on the long straights..... That is all bike.

You put Jorge on Dani's bike and the fight for the lead will be different.

Marquez is the best rider on the track right now AND on the best bike. Looking unbeatable this year !!!

When Pedrosa catches and passes Lorenzo ................ well then you just know the Honda is the best bike. hahahaha

Hat's off to old man Rossi he's looking pretty darn good this year.

Rossi still looks like he has some fight left in him. On the podium again today !

Looks like choosing hard tire compound was indeed a wise decision for him. Though he was kind of sliding towards the end but podium!!... it's encouraging.

Btw, one hell of a race there. Loving this season since start.

Go Vale!

Season has been awesome. With MM riding at the level he is at finishing second is the same as winning. There is no currently in the GP class who can bring it to him for and entire race. I do see a changing of the guard coming soon. I'am in awe of Rossi. He is riding better then Lorezo and the Brides maid that is Pedrosa. I think if Yamaha figures out the balance of the bike and ease the wear on the front tire, good Ol Rossi might show us some battles for the top spot. Watching interviews with Lorezo it seems like his fire is out and he is just going through the motions. Dani has proven season after season that he is no better than second best. I think the reality of him never being a champion in GP is setting in. Rossi still just plain loves to race, his heart is in it not his ego so I think there is still some unexpected brilliance left in his tank.

It's impressive how good Dovitsioso has been on the Ducati. On the same note Crutchlow seem to be feeling he made a huge mistake. He may not participate in Le man's siting his hand hurts. He stated this after bashing basically the bike and Ducati after the race.

motogp.com · Latest Videos.

If you are not watching Moto3 this year you are missing the best racing ever. The battle for the championship is heating up Miller Vs Fen great stuff.

I have the Motogp video pass and it is worth every penny.

Well it looks like it will be Marquez's year again unless he injures himself. We know he's the best rider on the best bike so it's looking like the real fight will be for 2nd place in the championship.

Back