Official 2014 Moto GP Discussion Thread-Do not come here if you haven't seen the Race

No sport is very enjoyable when one person or team dominates the sport. Sure wish it would have kept raining as it would have made for a much better race.

The Marc show is getting real old.

No sport is very enjoyable when one person or team dominates the sport. Sure wish it would have kept raining as it would have made for a much better race.

The Marc show is getting real old.

Yep,

I find Moto 2 & Moto 3 much more enjoyable to watch. With Ant West winning moto 2 and the moto 3 now down to 7 points between the top 3 riders it's getting real exciting. It was a shame to see Jack Miller crash out, but when Fenati went down too it really opened up the championship.

Anyone watch today? GP was a snooze. Bradl's team REALLY screwed up by leaving the bike set for wet conditions even though he started on the slicks. That pit lane start was the only thing that was entertaining in the race today.

The first 5 laps or so were good, then the same ol same ol. It was good to see Jorge back up there.

Moto3 was awesome and moto 2 was better than motoGP. I find the best races to watch are Moto3. I Loved watching the top 5 riders all have a crack at trying to get past Jack.

Another great race IMO. Enjoyable to watch Marc on the limit as usual. Jorge looked great, glad to see him on form again. Very fun battles back behind Ianone with lots of great passes

Another record broken by Marc today. Two more wins and he'll have won the most GPs in a row; at this rate, he's got it in the bag. I think we're watching the next legend in the making and it's staggering he's only 21 right now

I've been so engaged in this season of MotoGP/2/3 that I haven't even bothered to watch World Snoozerbikes at all this year. I think I've watched more four wheeled racing than Superbikes.

Last edited:
MM is the man this year.

I agree, Moto 2 and Moto 3 are the best, really good racing.

That said, British Superbike is the funnest to watch. The Brits really know how to run a proper race series. :)

I really enjoy watching someone who is the master of their craft. That's part of the reason I don't enjoy team sports.

Marc is in whole other league and even if sometimes there isn't a lot of passing at the front, I'm sitting in awe at what he does on the bike. He's making history before our eyes and that's really incredible. The last 8 rounds have been pretty exciting, too, so even if this race wasn't the best, it's been a great season.

I'm hoping Marc breaks the 11 race record and even goes on to beat Agostini's 20 race streak.

On the other hand... I really want Rossi to win

New developments for the silly season:
Crutchlow to ride with CWM-LCR Honda in 2015
Iannone to replace Crutchlow at Ducati Team for 2015

I think that this is best thing that Cal could have done for himself. His style is much more cornerspeed oriented like JL but he's more adaptive (i.e. not a sensitive b!tch) to slides and getting rather out of shape. Plus Ianonne going to the Factory Duc squad will be great for him because he seems to actually get along with the bike better than anyone else has, Dovi included. He just better keep it shiny side up the rest of this year. I like bradl, but he'll be out of the premier class in at the end of 2016(at the latest) unless he pulls something out of his arse the next 9 races.

Shame about Bradl. Maybe he'll get a ride with the upcoming Aprilia or KTM teams.

I predict Cal will do nothing useful on his new team. I just hope he doesn't get hurt from a crash next year.

I hope Gigi designs a real winner for Ducati and they're back at the front

Last edited:
Talk about a screwed up broadcast goes from lap 7 to 4 then checkered flag lap missed all the podium switches with Pedorsa and Rossi. Was nice not to have to listen to the blah blah blah and get the go pro view of last lap

Great race. 10 out of 10 for Marc the master. One week until Brno and here's hoping he makes it 11 of 11. Why not, right? We've come this far, let's see him become the GOAT in front of our eyes

Getting a bit too predictable for my liking. I'd love to see someone else win for a change but no-one else seems to be good enough atm.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Getting a bit too predictable for my liking. I'd love to see someone else win for a change but no-one else seems to be good enough atm.

Oh Contraire, there always seems to be someone who rules the roost at the time. Mick Doohan, Valetino, Casey, they were all untouchable when at their peak and now it's Marc's time. I think he's just awesome. This year I'll be at Phillip Island, hopefully to see him do his magic, bring it on I say!!

Last edited:
It's human nature to look up at the past and down on the present. History has the capability of being condensed or cherry picked into highlights, greatest hits. It's easy to take the best battles or overtakes of a decade, compress them down to 5 minutes and then say 'today isn't like this'.

We are seeing legendary dominance on display live and will look back in ten years at a highlight reel and say the same thing about Marc as we have about Doohan or Rossi or Agostini.

I was super pissed when the feed dropped out with 7 laps to go! I understand technical issues but I would have liked for them to just show the race in delay in it's entirety at a later time. Here by me it went off with 7 to go and came back on with only sound from the bikes and the back of Marquez's leathers as he came around the last turn! Race over. Can't catch a break! Marko got from 4 on to the end? Lucky stiff! I guess I'll head to the torrent site and see if they have the full race.

Buy a subscription to Motogp.com, all the races, all the quali and practise sessions for the past 20 years at your finger tips on demand. You can watch it live streaming with no advertisements too. Best 99 euro I ever spent on viewing. just make sure you have a good internet subscription, you will blow through your downloads once you start viewing........

Back