***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

Actually thats just a pic I found of the trailer I'll be using. Yes, we are bringing the FZ's. Also Joe, go ahead and see if your friend wants to come. My guy is not attending. Just PM Eric if all goes through with your buddy. Thanks.

Awesome --- I will know tonight after he gets off work.

We Have Our Great Eight

Okay, I just got word of the eighth man in, Kevin, Crazy Joe's friend. Thats great. So here are the people staying in the house:

1-Billy
2-Tony
3-Vadim
4-David
5-Harry
6-Joe (Crazy Joe)
7-Kevin (Crazy Joe's Friend)
8-Joe (Currently) Eric's Friend

I saw your post Joe and all I want to say is that since Harry and David have been paid up since the beginning, I feel they should have the option to take Eric's room if they'd like. If not then it's all yours. I don't see a problem with space at all in the house. I'm sure that me, Tony, and Vadim will have the room with the three beds. All the others will be sorted out when we're all there.

As for food, we will all chip in 30 dollars each when everyone gets there and I'll go and do food shopping for the week. $240.00 dollars should be more than enough since we'll be cooking two meals a day in the house. Also, some people are leaving sooner than others.

Once all are present we can all discuss a gratuity amount and make the collection for that as well. All in all I don't see us spending a ton of dough. I suggest we keep it simple and easy with everyone knowing whats expected beforehand so we can concentrate on enjoying ourselves during the week.

Lastly, while I don't drink, maybe some others do. I have no problem with that but any alcoholic drinks will be brought by whomever is drinking. We've discussed this before early on and its the concensus that it's not going to be a "party house". The eight people who have paid for the house are the ones who will be in the house. I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud but we need to let everyone know whats expected and not expected ahead of time. Since the contract is now in mine and Tony's names we feel we should be responsible for all the people staying there.

With that being said, let's all have a wonderful time, a bunch of great rides, no accidents, and some good company! I'm all stoked to get down there!

Okay, I just got word of the eighth man in, Kevin, Crazy Joe's friend. Thats great. So here are the people staying in the house:

1-Billy
2-Tony
3-Vadim
4-David
5-Harry
6-Joe (Crazy Joe)
7-Kevin (Crazy Joe's Friend)
8-Joe (Currently) Eric's Friend

I saw your post Joe and all I want to say is that since Harry and David have been paid up since the beginning, I feel they should have the option to take Eric's room if they'd like. If not then it's all yours. I don't see a problem with space at all in the house. I'm sure that me, Tony, and Vadim will have the room with the three beds. All the others will be sorted out when we're all there.

As for food, we will all chip in 30 dollars each when everyone gets there and I'll go and do food shopping for the week. $240.00 dollars should be more than enough since we'll be cooking two meals a day in the house. Also, some people are leaving sooner than others.

Once all are present we can all discuss a gratuity amount and make the collection for that as well. All in all I don't see us spending a ton of dough. I suggest we keep it simple and easy with everyone knowing whats expected beforehand so we can concentrate on enjoying ourselves during the week.

Lastly, while I don't drink, maybe some others do. I have no problem with that but any alcoholic drinks will be brought by whomever is drinking. We've discussed this before early on and its the concensus that it's not going to be a "party house". The eight people who have paid for the house are the ones who will be in the house. I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud but we need to let everyone know whats expected and not expected ahead of time. Since the contract is now in mine and Tony's names we feel we should be responsible for all the people staying there.

With that being said, let's all have a wonderful time, a bunch of great rides, no accidents, and some good company! I'm all stoked to get down there!

Awesome, Billy, I will post up when we are going to show up. Money has been sent.

Sounds like its going to be great.
Eric, you will be missed! I for one hope there is a "Next time" and that I will be able to attend again.
But for now, my pop and I are going to make the best of this trip.

As far as rooms the only thing for us was to have one of the two bed rooms. Your a class act to think of us and the others like you do. However I am sure my pop and I will do just fine. (I'll take the one closest to the bathroom)lol.

Till then, everyone be safe so we can all make it down. Check your lists twice not to forget you neccessary items. Ie: Meds., favorite blanky, whatever makes you happy or comfy.

As for me, I will remember my needs around the 4th hour into the trip because I fail to practice what I preach. lol

Any guitar players coming? If interested I might bring along a guitar for anyone to play. Trust me when I say I can't play worth a darn, so if you ever wanted to try maybe I'll bring one. Let me know.

Now if I can just get my eyes to shut for a least 10 minutes between now and then - I will be happy!

Last edited:
Just a Hello

I go by Dragon ( CrazyJoes friend), but you all can call me whatever you like as long as it is respectful and I will do the same. I am looking forward to riding with some of you all hopefully and really appreciate the deal you all have worked out here.

Joe and I usually do something very similar every year in June so keep the calendar open around then if you would like to join us. I will be attending on a CBR1100XX so hopefully I will not be holding anyone up on any group rides:disturbed

I might be bringing my tire changer since I am not sure which tires I will run for this event. At the moment I have a set of BT016's sitting by the door. Just have not decided whether to wait to mount them and finish off the Sportsmax GPA's on the rims or what. I hate to waste tires so I will most likely show with the GPA's and have the BT016's in tow in the truck.

Either way, we should all have a blast since the roads are great. I just hope they have all the roads open. They still had parts of 129 closed in July when my wife and I along with Joe and his wife where there.

I go by Dragon ( CrazyJoes friend), but you all can call me whatever you like as long as it is respectful and I will do the same. I am looking forward to riding with some of you all hopefully and really appreciate the deal you all have worked out here.

Joe and I usually do something very similar every year in June so keep the calendar open around then if you would like to join us. I will be attending on a CBR1100XX so hopefully I will not be holding anyone up on any group rides:disturbed

I might be bringing my tire changer since I am not sure which tires I will run for this event. At the moment I have a set of BT016's sitting by the door. Just have not decided whether to wait to mount them and finish off the Sportsmax GPA's on the rims or what. I hate to waste tires so I will most likely show with the GPA's and have the BT016's in tow in the truck.

Either way, we should all have a blast since the roads are great. I just hope they have all the roads open. They still had parts of 129 closed in July when my wife and I along with Joe and his wife where there.

Well, look what the cat drug in!!! :flash::shaking head:

SO --- Is everyone ready to go? I am still trying to get some folks to show up for the day rate which is still super cheap. I am amazed that this group is so light on riders. I think there will be every kind of ride any of you would want to be on from scenic to speed.

We will have complete tools, air compressors, tire changer and balancer plus a bunch of experience between the guys.

so --- are you gonna try to make it down? I'd love to ride with you.

Not going to make it this time... I was talking to Billy about it... and I was planning on making an appearance... but I've been looking for a job, and I finally got an interview on the Friday that I was planning on heading down there...

Also... my bike is in a different state right now... so we would have been coming in the car.... but you don't live far away... we should be able to come up with a ride sometime.

To Everyone:
If anyone wants to drop by Boone on the way to/from the Gap... drop me a line... we'll see what we can work out... I can at least point you towards some GREAT roads around here.

Not going to make it this time... I was talking to Billy about it... and I was planning on making an appearance... but I've been looking for a job, and I finally got an interview on the Friday that I was planning on heading down there...

Also... my bike is in a different state right now... so we would have been coming in the car.... but you don't live far away... we should be able to come up with a ride sometime.

To Everyone:
If anyone wants to drop by Boone on the way to/from the Gap... drop me a line... we'll see what we can work out... I can at least point you towards some GREAT roads around here.

How far are you from Robbinsville in terms of time Aaron? Just curious.

That's a bummer. Hope to meet up with you sometime.

How far are you from Robbinsville in terms of time Aaron? Just curious.

In all honesty Billy... Boone is on the way to absolutely nowhere.. it's about 3 and a half hours from Robbinsville... but if any of you folks coming from points north wanted to break up the trip and spend a night in Boone... it's not too far out of the way... from I-81, you hop off at Exit 29 on 91... come through Damascus, VA, then Mountain City, TN.. then from Mountain City, I'm another 20 miles down the road... where I live is on the outskirts of Boone... about 4 miles from the TN state line...

In all honesty Billy... Boone is on the way to absolutely nowhere.. it's about 3 and a half hours from Robbinsville... but if any of you folks coming from points north wanted to break up the trip and spend a night in Boone... it's not too far out of the way... from I-81, you hop off at Exit 29 on 91... come through Damascus, VA, then Mountain City, TN.. then from Mountain City, I'm another 20 miles down the road... where I live is on the outskirts of Boone... about 4 miles from the TN state line...

I've been to Boone in a car --- I was probably lost. :)

Just wanted to note that Joe Cyr is the 6th in line of paid customers, thus he gets 6th choice for beds. Crazyjoe is 7th and Kevin is 8th. Hope this helps with the bed selections!

I'd take a small cramped corner right now if I could possibly make it! :(

You all have a beer for me while there, ok?

Just wanted to note that Joe Cyr is the 6th in line of paid customers, thus he gets 6th choice for beds. Crazyjoe is 7th and Kevin is 8th. Hope this helps with the bed selections!

I'd take a small cramped corner right now if I could possibly make it! :(

You all have a beer for me while there, ok?

I'll have a tall, stiff, glass of Sprite Zero in your name Eric!:icon_beer:

Back