***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

Man, I can't wait to eat at the Mexican restaurant.

Okay I do not know who to tell but Knute is planning on spending Mon-Thur night will us at $30 a night ( hopefully that is how it works??? and I will bring the air matress just encase we need another bed. I am also bringing another set of tires (take offs) for him just encase he needs some more tire tread.

Okay I do not know who to tell but Knute is planning on spending Mon-Thur night will us at $30 a night ( hopefully that is how it works??? and I will bring the air matress just encase we need another bed. I am also bringing another set of tires (take offs) for him just encase he needs some more tire tread.

Anybody else that comes at this point will be $30/night and can take any available space in the garage. I do believe that there are is at least one sofa bed in there at this point. However, if you want to bring the air matress just in case it's probably not a bad idea. The extra money that we collect at this point will go towards the food for the group. We had discussed from the beginning about everyone that was staying in the house chipping in $30-40 each and Billy was going to go food shopping late Saturday/early Sunday. This would cover breakfast and dinner for the rest of the week since more than likely we would be out riding during the day and have lunch out. The other thing to think about is that we need to leave some sort of "gratuity" for the owners and maybe we'll use Knute's money for that. Billy and I will figure that out. At this point he just needs to show up on Monday and there will room for him :D

Anybody else that comes at this point will be $30/night and can take any available space in the garage. I do believe that there are is at least one sofa bed in there at this point. However, if you want to bring the air matress just in case it's probably not a bad idea. The extra money that we collect at this point will go towards the food for the group. We had discussed from the beginning about everyone that was staying in the house chipping in $30-40 each and Billy was going to go food shopping late Saturday/early Sunday. This would cover breakfast and dinner for the rest of the week since more than likely we would be out riding during the day and have lunch out. The other thing to think about is that we need to leave some sort of "gratuity" for the owners and maybe we'll use Knute's money for that. Billy and I will figure that out. At this point he just needs to show up on Monday and there will room for him :D

That's great. If we're real lucky the extra money could cover some of the other expenses which would be cool. Are you sure you can't get your other bike ready?? :)

That's great. If we're real lucky the extra money could cover some of the other expenses which would be cool. Are you sure you can't get your other bike ready?? :)

Yes, I'm hoping that we can cover all (or most) of the expenses if we get 2-3 people to do the nightly rates even if it's not for the whole week. It's a win/win situation for everyone. I mean where else are you going to stay for $30/night besides a campground! Plus you don't have to worry about your bike or the weather!

As for my other bike I just wont have the time to work on it before I leave next Saturday. Given that I was just on vacation a couple of weeks ago and will be away again next week I can't take off any more time from work. The FZ1 will have to do ;)

I believe there are three sofas in the house AND in the garage. Plus, Ron said that roll-away beds are available if needed. Of those sofas, I think three are sleeper sofas. Two might be futons. The garage has a sink, fridge and its own bathroom as well.

As for Joe Cyr, he also snores so don't worry about that! Joe rides an SV650 that is all tuned for carving with custom suspension. He's already said that he will have to leave on Tuesday and come back on Friday. You can talk to him about the beds if you want. PM username Currently here and he'll respond.

I HOPE the garage web cam is working when you all are there. I want to call Billy and see all of you in the garage some evening on the camera. I need to live vicariously through you guys for this trip. I expect some great videos and pics!

Yes, I'm hoping that we can cover all (or most) of the expenses if we get 2-3 people to do the nightly rates even if it's not for the whole week. It's a win/win situation for everyone. I mean where else are you going to stay for $30/night besides a campground! Plus you don't have to worry about your bike or the weather!

As for my other bike I just wont have the time to work on it before I leave next Saturday. Given that I was just on vacation a couple of weeks ago and will be away again next week I can't take off any more time from work. The FZ1 will have to do ;)

Personally, I think your FZ will do fine.

I believe there are three sofas in the house AND in the garage. Plus, Ron said that roll-away beds are available if needed. Of those sofas, I think three are sleeper sofas. Two might be futons. The garage has a sink, fridge and its own bathroom as well.

As for Joe Cyr, he also snores so don't worry about that! Joe rides an SV650 that is all tuned for carving with custom suspension. He's already said that he will have to leave on Tuesday and come back on Friday. You can talk to him about the beds if you want. PM username Currently here and he'll respond.

I HOPE the garage web cam is working when you all are there. I want to call Billy and see all of you in the garage some evening on the camera. I need to live vicariously through you guys for this trip. I expect some great videos and pics!

The Sv650 will do fine --- except in the straights. hehehe just teasing. Knute will be on a SV1000.

The Sv650 will do fine --- except in the straights. hehehe just teasing. Knute will be on a SV1000.

There is a wittle bitty pwoblem with going fast in the straights ...

On the 'hala, it is a federal ticket, which means federal lawyers, which means court in Atlanta. It can cost upwards of 3 grand plus time off from work and travel to Atlanta to meet da federal judge.

I ride the "Pace" ... relax on the straights and set up for the next curve.

The 'hala is a very bad road to fall down on due to speeds and the necessity of a lifeflight that can take up to an hour to get there. Remember the "golden hour rule". (Almost NO CELL PHONE COVERAGE!)

I have seen some bad chit happen there, more so than the dragon.
Fatalities don't see the newspaper coverage like ones on the dragon.

Why hurry to the next curve if there are so many?

Ride your ride and go home safe = vacation of a lifetime.

/sermon

I want to have lots of fun!

AND I DON'T SNORE ANYMORE! :nana:

Last edited:

I will have my camera running most likely on my bike as long as it works. I have more that a few videos of trips to the mountians.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENdGJ9GuhE]YouTube - Hwy 19/129 Blood Mountian[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TznVWh6WsHw]YouTube - Cherohala Skyway.wmv[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htKK5msbZRo]YouTube - Tellico Plains Run.wmv[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvc9NSE5O3Q]YouTube - FZ1 Rally2.wmv[/ame]

I also have other videos from local roads here in MO, as well as videos from Arkansas and my GL1800. Enjoy and let me know what you think, sorry but some of the sound tracks have been disabled.

That just sucks, I have been trying to loose weight for months and cannot get below 250. Guess I cannot just exercise, I must diet also:shaking head:

When you meet me, you will understand why I lost the weight.
It is not a way that I recommend ... ;)

Eric, not a pencil ... just right for my height. ;D
Staying away from ice cream always was the biggest hurdle!

Last edited:
I live in Knoxville and work in Alcoa so I'd like to meet up with you guys while you're here. Is there a ride schedule or are you just winging it?

At this point we don't have anything scheduled per se, but we'll post about our plans once they've been made. Check the forum for updates ;)

The shopping list is done! Once we're all together, we will make whatever changes to it to satisfy everyone's needs. I tried to keep it as simple and inexpensive as possible and still be able to make some good meals.

I'm wondering if there are pots and pans, dishes, cutlery, etc. at the house to use. I may have to call Ron to find out.

The shopping list is done! Once we're all together, we will make whatever changes to it to satisfy everyone's needs. I tried to keep it as simple and inexpensive as possible and still be able to make some good meals.

I'm wondering if there are pots and pans, dishes, cutlery, etc. at the house to use. I may have to call Ron to find out.

I would think there would be everything we need to cook --- they don't expect us to bring it on a bike. :)

Back