***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

Some things that are not too expensive but can make great meals:

Dinner Stuff

White Rice
Beans
Thin Steaks (Very good yet cheap)
Whole Kernel Corn
Chicken Cutlets
Onions
Hamburgers
Franks
French Fries or Potatos or Mashed
Broccoli
Peas and Carrots
String Beans
Gravy

Breakfast Foods:

Eggs
Bacon
Sausage (beef or pork)
Pancakes
Bread for French Toast
Oatmeal
Cereals (Special K, Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, Cheerios, etc.)

Drinks:

Water
Sprite Zero
Coffee
Hot Chocolate
Orange Juice
Apple Juice
Green Tea
Lipton Tea

These are just some of the things I was able to think of. Maybe everyone can make a list of the things they like as I have done, then we can take all the duplicates out and put them on one list, and choose some of whats left from the remaining items. This way we will have one list of foods we all have in common. We can then take the remaining foods and pick a few from each person for a supplimental list. I can handle this if you'd like. I'm pretty organized when it comes to stuff like that.

Yeah, Put me, Tony, and Norm down for the 3 bed room. That sounds good to me.

Done! We'll house you three together and keep Red Sox Nation intact! :D

Joe, as I said, will take any bed available! That covers it!

I cannot believe we have to wait 9 flippin' months now! ARGH!!!!! :D

Eric,

In case the IM didnt go through that I sent. I put the check in the mail to cover My dad (Harry) and Myself. I also included a sheet with all of our contact information including our wives contact info in the event of an emergency. Keep your eye out for the check and let me know when you get it. Till then take care.

David.

Eric,

In case the IM didnt go through that I sent. I put the check in the mail to cover My dad (Harry) and Myself. I also included a sheet with all of our contact information including our wives contact info in the event of an emergency. Keep your eye out for the check and let me know when you get it. Till then take care.

David.

Yes, got the PM David. Thanks! BTW, you may have the option turned off in the User CP that keeps a copy of Sent Mail in the Sent folder?

Thanks for sending that along and Happy Holidays!!!

Yep, me Billy, and Tony in the third bedroom sounds great: all New Yorkers at heart (growing up in Rockland County, New York, I always figured New Jersey and New York were basically the same thing).

I can't cook. I do clean dishes and take out the garbage really well. :flash:

I'll eat anything you'll cook.

I might stay as little as 4 days or as much as 7, depends on kids settling in at college, etc. I'll pay the full share.

Editing to add to Billy's GREAT start for a list! Billy, do you want to go so far as a menu plan (simple one that rotates every few nights is fine)???

Some things that are not too expensive but can make great meals:

Dinner Stuff

White Rice/Brown Rice
Beans
Pasta (Ragu, some sausage and spaghetti is a quick meal!)
Thin Steaks (Very good yet cheap)
Whole Kernel Corn
Chicken Cutlets
Pork chops
Onions
Hamburgers
Franks
French Fries or Potatos or Mashed
Broccoli
Peas and Carrots
String Beans
Gravy

Breakfast Foods:

Eggs
Bacon
Sausage (beef or pork)
Pancakes
Bread for French Toast
Oatmeal
Syrup for above
Cereals (Special K, Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, Cheerios, etc.)
English Muffins (Breakfast sandwiches)
Boil extra taters on tater nights for home fries in the AM?

Drinks:

Water
Sprite Zero
Coke/Pepsi Products
Coffee (LOTS!)
Juices (Prune for the geriatric crowd? ;) ) Haha!
Hot Chocolate
Orange Juice
Apple Juice
Green Tea
Lipton Tea
Gatorade
Powerade

Thanks Billy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If not many people drink Diet anything Then Pop and I will pack a cooler. Might do that anyhow at least for drinks. I also do like gatorade. Old school orange and lime but would drink Im sure.

If not many people drink Diet anything Then Pop and I will pack a cooler. Might do that anyhow at least for drinks. I also do like gatorade. Old school orange and lime but would drink Im sure.

I only drink Sprite Zero which is pretty much a diet soda. I could also pick up a case of Diet Snapple from the guy that loads our machine at work. I can get a case at cost. I like the Snapple Diet Iced Tea but I can get other flavors as well. Let me know the flavor you like and I'll bring a case along.

My wife and I are Diet Coke fans. Actually, I don't like much sugared drinks at all. We can get a mix of stuff. :D

I can't believe no one else is chiming in with a desire to go at this cost!

I can't believe no one else is chiming in with a desire to go at this cost!

Those are my thoughts exactly! What....do we have B.O. or something??? LOL. I have actually passed along an invite or two to see what happens. I haven't heard from Tony either. I'm assuming he's busy with holiday stuff. Now that we have the accomodations secured, I'm sure we can pick up two others between now and next year. You really can't beat that price, no way!

If no one cares that me nor my dad ride FZ1's and it dont matter if the bikes are cruisers then maybe I can get a guy I know and his dad. But I also dont mind waiting to see if anyone from the site steps up first.

Thanks David. We've got plenty of time and whomever steps up now is on a roll-away or in the garage so it's going to take a die-hard and hardy person to want to add to the trip. Unsure if your friend and his Dad would be up to it? ;)

If no one cares that me nor my dad ride FZ1's and it dont matter if the bikes are cruisers then maybe I can get a guy I know and his dad. But I also dont mind waiting to see if anyone from the site steps up first.

In my opinion I don't see the need for anyone to wait for other people to join. If you have someone that wants to come, by all means, sign them up. It doesn't matter to me one bit. At this point, it's pretty much first come, first serve. Go ahead and ask. Don't feel the need to wait for my responses first. If your guys say yes, then they are in. This thread has been up for quite a while. Anyone I have asked has seen this post previously, so if they were interested, they would have said so by now, or at least given hints that they were interested. Call your people Dave. The sooner we know who all is going, the sooner we can get all the details squared away. Then we only have to chat about all the fun we're gonna have in 9 months!!!!!!

In my opinion I don't see the need for anyone to wait for other people to join. If you have someone that wants to come, by all means, sign them up. It doesn't matter to me one bit. At this point, it's pretty much first come, first serve. Go ahead and ask. Don't feel the need to wait for my responses first. If your guys say yes, then they are in. This thread has been up for quite a while. Anyone I have asked has seen this post previously, so if they were interested, they would have said so by now, or at least given hints that they were interested. Call your people Dave. The sooner we know who all is going, the sooner we can get all the details squared away. Then we only have to chat about all the fun we're gonna have in 9 months!!!!!!

I agree with Billy. If a friend of a friend from this forum wants to go I vote let them come, cruiser, sport bike, or whatever.

IMO two more at this point of site might fall through the cracks. I have givin this consideration and I dont want to be a medium between them and the site. Lets keep it open for two site members as long as we can. And look at it this way. If we get two more then the grocery bill it taken care of Les our personal needs. I dont need or want anything refunded only to have to pony up there. So If we end up with 8 then putting a spot in the food kitty when we get there is what it is.

I would like site member first as of now. Do we have 8 comfirmed? If so its a trip. 2 more just buy the food.

IMO two more at this point of site might fall through the cracks. I have givin this consideration and I dont want to be a medium between them and the site. Lets keep it open for two site members as long as we can. And look at it this way. If we get two more then the grocery bill it taken care of Les our personal needs. I dont need or want anything refunded only to have to pony up there. So If we end up with 8 then putting a spot in the food kitty when we get there is what it is.

I would like site member first as of now. Do we have 8 comfirmed? If so its a trip. 2 more just buy the food.

No problem Dave. Yes, we have 8 confirmed. I would at least inform your friends about the trip and the dates we are going so that they have an idea of our time frame. Also, listen...I'm sure any friends of you and your Dad have to be great guys so while it is a forum trip, don't feel funny about inviting them. Eric, Norm, and myself, are fine with it. Theres no way that I'm not going to get along with any friends of yours, thats for sure. Good people hang out with good people!

Back