***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

I haven't yet heard back from Fred, Steve F., and I don't believe that Tony has heard from Josh, so these last two spaces are still open. Anyone thats interested just has to post up! You can't beat $132.50 more or less a couple of bucks for an awesome week of riding. Let us know. Otherwise it would work out to another $33.00 dollars per person if we are all willing to split the difference. I am willing to do that but everyone would have to agree to that first. Even at $166.00 for the week, it's a great deal.

I haven't yet heard back from Fred, Steve F., and I don't believe that Tony has heard from Josh, so these last two spaces are still open. Anyone thats interested just has to post up! You can't beat $132.50 more or less a couple of bucks for an awesome week of riding. Let us know. Otherwise it would work out to another $33.00 dollars per person if we are all willing to split the difference. I am willing to do that but everyone would have to agree to that first. Even at $166.00 for the week, it's a great deal.

Well I did hear back from Josh, and while he's interested right now he can't commit. He has other plans he's working on for next year around that same time frame. I guess we still have the two spots...

I heard from Steve F. today. He won't be able to make it. The only person that I haven't heard from now is Fred. I was thinking about doing this....Tell me what you think. We have 8 definites as of right now. That puts us at about $166.00 dollars each. I say we pay the $166.00 to Eric. If by the time we are ready to leave, we still are at 8 people, the money will stand. If we get two other people to go, then the additional $33.00 dollars will go towards the food bill for the week that as Eric has said, could be about $40.00 or so dollars extra. Then once we arrive we can up the additional 7 or 10 bucks to make up the difference. I'm sure that $400.00 dollars is plenty to buy eggs, bacon, bread, coffee, burgers, franks, beer, etc. for us for breakfast and dinner for the week. If not we'll chip in more as we go along. I'm just happy as heck that I'll be there! Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

I heard from Steve F. today. He won't be able to make it. The only person that I haven't heard from now is Fred. I was thinking about doing this....Tell me what you think. We have 8 definites as of right now. That puts us at about $166.00 dollars each. I say we pay the $166.00 to Eric. If by the time we are ready to leave, we still are at 8 people, the money will stand. If we get two other people to go, then the additional $33.00 dollars will go towards the food bill for the week that as Eric has said, could be about $40.00 or so dollars extra. Then once we arrive we can up the additional 7 or 10 bucks to make up the difference. I'm sure that $400.00 dollars is plenty to buy eggs, bacon, bread, coffee, burgers, franks, beer, etc. for us for breakfast and dinner for the week. If not we'll chip in more as we go along. I'm just happy as heck that I'll be there! Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

I guess that depends how quickly we want/need to reserve that week and whether full payment for the week is due at time of reservation or not. Either way it's a good deal for the week and I am ok with paying the $166 now and if others join later on using that money towards food.

Ok folks! It is OFFICIAL! I have secured the place and had a good long talk with Ron from the Treetops and we have secured 10 days, 9 nights! We have Sept 17th through Sept 26th. We have to be cleaned up and cleared out by noon on the 26th. We can start arriving anytime after 2pm on the 17th. The place will be open and unlocked for us. Ron (and maybe Nancy) will stop in Friday night or Saturday morning to make sure we're happy with the place.

Turns out that Ron and Nancy are ALSO FZ1 owners! :D I think he gave us the FZ1 discount. Here's the deal:

Sept 17th through the 26th, 9 nights
$1200 plus 10.75% tax for $129 = $1329

We have 8 confirmed people which is $166.13 each for the duration. That, my friends, is $18.45 PER NIGHT to stay and ride for the duration! If we get a couple more, then the price drops per person.

I also want to include a gratuity for them. I'll want your input people on what you feel is fair. I think we can afford some extra @ $18.45 per night, eh? :tup:

We will have to start working on a meal plan. I'm not real fussy but my wife is. Her meals require something from the hoof or winged families. She is also diabetic and will not be eating junk food.

Let's start talking about meals. We can always cook more than one dish any night. We have a stove, oven, microwave and a grill.

Last, my wife and I will be taking one of the three bedrooms that has two twin beds in it. Since we're the only couple and I'm organizing and taking the risk, I'm claiming one room for her (our) privacy. There are two more rooms, one with two twin beds and one with three. There's a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. There are available roll-away beds. There's also two sleeper sofas in the garage. Ron says people have slept out there without any issues. It has a 1/2 bath of it's own in the garage along with running water and a fridge. We can sleep 10 comfortably in the house though. We can take more if people want the garage and help lower the costs.

Any thoughts, concerns or objections, please speak them now. I want EVERYONE to come to this event without objections and totally happy with the organization and arrangements. If you have a question, please ask.

So....... LET'S ROLL! 2010 FZ1 Meet at Deal's Gap is ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric.
The site Im dont seem to be working. How can I contact you? I would like to talk to you for a moment.
call me at 1 609 364 6313 if you wish.
David, (earlzach)

You sure? PayPal is cost + 4%. You can send me a bank check Billy. Let me know and I'll PM you my address. :D

I know we lost a couple of posts but no worries. I sent you the money early this morning bud. Check your Paypal account when you have time so mark me down as "paid". Yeah baby! One step closer. When we figure out the food and tip situation, I'll send along the additional funds. Lets Go September!!!!!!!

Oops! We lost a few posts for sure! Oh well, I can type them all in again.

Billy, I got your paypal money. Thanks!!!

Norm, David and Harry are sending now.

Michele and I are taking one of the two-bed bedrooms.

David and Harry are taking the other two-bed bedroom.

Billy will sleep standing up if needed. ;)

Norm hasn't listed a preference for a bed.

I'll post up the food and photo stuff again later.

Thanks!!!

Oops! We lost a few posts for sure! Oh well, I can type them all in again.

Billy, I got your paypal money. Thanks!!!

Norm, David and Harry are sending now.

Michele and I are taking one of the two-bed bedrooms.

David and Harry are taking the other two-bed bedroom.

Billy will sleep standing up if needed. ;)

Norm hasn't listed a preference for a bed.

I'll post up the food and photo stuff again later.

Thanks!!!

Thanks Eric, Did you also lose my PM to you? It had all the notification and emergency numbers.

Ok. Meals take #2!

I'm the cook in the house. I'm available and happy behind the stove but I don't want to be there every night. ;)

I like nearly everything for foods except brussel sprouts, carrots and anchovies.

Michele likes anything from the hoof or wings categories. Anything from water-based catch is out of the question.

Breakfasts - eggs, bacon, sausage, toast (wheat), pancakes, french toast, breakfast sandwiches or breakfast burritos are fine. Cereals are also fine if they are unsweetened.

What do you all like? Let's hear it.

I'm thinking a selection of sides and a couple entrees each night would cover the group. I'd like to see someone in the kitchen and another at the grill. We can all rotate but if you cannot cook, please don't volunteer! :D We'll pick up the slack if you take out the garbage! :tup:

One important note!!!!!! We're staying in a DRY COUNTY and there's no alcohol for miles. Bring anything you desire to drink for the time you are in the place with you at the onset of the vacation!!! BTW, if anyone is deemed to have any alcohol in their system and thinks they are getting on a bike, we WILL have a major intervention. Your bike will be fine but you may not depending on your resistance. ;) While I am not responsible for you, I will do everything I can to prevent someone from getting on a bike with alcohol in their system. I don't believe that this group will pose any problems but I'm throwing this out there because I CARE!

Thoughts, comments, suggestions, questions or complaints, please speak up. Who can cook? Who cannot? What's your food favorites? What are you allergic to?

I just KNOW we're in for one heck of a REALLY GREAT TIME! I cannot wait to meet you all, ride with you, enjoy stories over dinner and drinks. I'm always eager to meet new friends and the lot of you coming are people that strike me as a great bunch!

Ok. Meals take #2!

I'm the cook in the house. I'm available and happy behind the stove but I don't want to be there every night. ;)

I like nearly everything for foods except brussel sprouts, carrots and anchovies.

Michele likes anything from the hoof or wings categories. Anything from water-based catch is out of the question.

Breakfasts - eggs, bacon, sausage, toast (wheat), pancakes, french toast, breakfast sandwiches or breakfast burritos are fine. Cereals are also fine if they are unsweetened.

What do you all like? Let's hear it.

I'm thinking a selection of sides and a couple entrees each night would cover the group. I'd like to see someone in the kitchen and another at the grill. We can all rotate but if you cannot cook, please don't volunteer! :D We'll pick up the slack if you take out the garbage! :tup:

One important note!!!!!! We're staying in a DRY COUNTY and there's no alcohol for miles. Bring anything you desire to drink for the time you are in the place with you at the onset of the vacation!!! BTW, if anyone is deemed to have any alcohol in their system and thinks they are getting on a bike, we WILL have a major intervention. Your bike will be fine but you may not depending on your resistance. ;) While I am not responsible for you, I will do everything I can to prevent someone from getting on a bike with alcohol in their system. I don't believe that this group will pose any problems but I'm throwing this out there because I CARE!

Thoughts, comments, suggestions, questions or complaints, please speak up. Who can cook? Who cannot? What's your food favorites? What are you allergic to?

I just KNOW we're in for one heck of a REALLY GREAT TIME! I cannot wait to meet you all, ride with you, enjoy stories over dinner and drinks. I'm always eager to meet new friends and the lot of you coming are people that strike me as a great bunch!

I just wanted to post a follow up to the posts that were unfortunately lost. I'll be more than happy to do my share of cooking whether it be breakfast or dinner. I am assuming that once we settle in, maybe two or three of us can run to a supermarket and get all the necessary things for the week and stock up the fridge. I would definitely like to be one of the people going to the market. I'm wondering about pots and pans. Is that something that we have to bring from home?

Room and board!

Ok, Michele and I are taking the bedroom you see pictured at their site with the single night stand and two twin beds.

Earlzach (David) and his Dad Harry will be in the other two-bed bedroom. They are my first paying roster members.

Billy paid up and doesn't care where he sleeps even if it is standing up!

Norm has sent payment and has not spoken for a bed. Perhaps he wants to share the big BR with Billy and Tony? Tell old NY stories? :D

Tony, we know you're coming but being a busy guy, we've not heard from you. You're already a shoe-in and there is still an actual bed for you

My friend Joe *may* opt for the garage and a pull out sofa because he does have a severe snoring problem. ;)

Most will not be there for the entire 9 nights. I know Michele and I will not be as we'll likely arrive on Friday but will be leaving the following Friday. She wants to be home Saturday night with a day to recover before work.

David and Harry will be arriving Friday or Saturday and leaving Wed. or Thurs.

Billy and Norm are undetermined and will spend as much time as possible there.

Joe will be there for Friday night through Monday, possibly Tuesday. He may be back the following weekend on Friday and leave Sunday. He only lives a few hours away though!

Last edited:
I just wanted to post a follow up to the posts that were unfortunately lost. I'll be more than happy to do my share of cooking whether it be breakfast or dinner. I am assuming that once we settle in, maybe two or three of us can run to a supermarket and get all the necessary things for the week and stock up the fridge. I would definitely like to be one of the people going to the market. I'm wondering about pots and pans. Is that something that we have to bring from home?

Nope! Ron and Nancy have the kitchen fully prepped for at least 10 people for pots, pans, plates, silverware, utensils, etc. The gas for the grill is included. :D We bring ourselves with gear, clothes and food. Nice eh!!!???!!!

I am considering bringing two crock pots so we can do a night or two of set-it and forget-it meals that will be ready and on "warming" when we get back to the house. :D

Good point though!!

Back