***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

Lets meet at the overlook at 1. I have some things to take care of in the morning. We can see if we catch anyone at the Gap and maybe head to Skyway or something.

BTW, not trying to thread jack but I figured since this is kind of planning a ride some others may want to join in! :Rockon:

Last edited:
Internet is working ... had to reboot the DSL router.

Worked on fixing bikes today, got them through the Dragon safely.
Tomorrow, will show them 28 and the corkscrew by Fontana.

That will be interesting to see their reactions .... :D

Have a fun and be safe. :D

Been almost two years since I have been down there. TOO LONG!!! :frown:

Memories of trips to the Gap!!
desktop1.jpg

A1100714-1.jpg

thedragonunleaded2022menq7.jpg

1.jpg

d6392.jpg

d6393.jpg

Had a great time today with Crazy Joe and Slyder. Joe's skills are truley crazy, I had a hard time staying in the same county as him. I hope to meet a few of you guys thru the week. I will be up on the hill aka the Dragon all week if anyone wants to ride.

Yeah, great meeting and riding with you guys! I'll say one thing Crazy Joe certainly lives up to his name! That feller can sure ride and God help you if you get in his way! :popcorn: Hope I get to see you guys again before you head out. We should try to meet up for dinner one night while you guys are still here since I'll be at work while you guys are out enjoying the roads.

Finally got some internet connection back! Well, first let me say that we are having a great time. We got our ride on the Dragon yesterday and was very impressed. Everyone made it through both ways safely. We got a bunch of characters here at the house to say the least. Never a dull moment! We really miss Eric and Michele and we hope that she is doing great and that all is well. Tony, Vadim, Dave and I are heading over to Gatlinburg today through the Foothills Parkway in the Smokies. We have video from the Dragon yesterday which will be posted soon as well as some pictures. Take care you guys and we'll post up later on this evening.

Oh, and by the way, Crazy Joe is really crazy!!!!

You'll enjoy the foothills pkwy. It's short, but fun. Coming from the Dragon side on 129, go through and make a right to get through the SMNF. You'll have a blast and a ton of great pics!

We are back in Michigan yesterday morning...and now depressed again...

Sorry we never got to meet up with you guys but I saw a lot of FZ1 and FZ6's down there for sure...

-Z

Btw we were the group that had a silver Gen I a Blue Gen I and a Blue FZ6 with black frame and motor.

Well, I made it home and will post up some pics of my totaled bike, maybe tomorrow when I unload. I came around a blind corner on Wayah Rd. with a rock patch completely covering the road and I went down immediately. We think I twisted the throttle as I was going down which caused the bike to spin and high side me off. I did some flips and contacted the ground with my shoulder and helmet before I ended up face down in a ditch about 15 feet farther down the road in relation to where my bike stopped.

The bike is totaled. All plastic gone. Tank dented. Muffler bent in to the swing arm and we think it bent the tail section frame. All the gauges and everything on the front is gone. Forks possibly bent. Handlebar bent.

However, the bike started up and is purring like a kitten.

I'll have to wait to see what the deal will be with the insurance company before I'll have an idea about what I will do.

The guys were all great getting me and my bike off the mountain. I really appreciate all the help while I sat in the emergency room. I only mildly separated my shoulder and got some bruises but all my gear worked perfect.

The trip was still awesome and the guys were a lot of fun.

Well, I made it home and will post up some pics of my totaled bike, maybe tomorrow when I unload. I came around a blind corner on Wayah Rd. with a rock patch completely covering the road and I went down immediately. We think I twisted the throttle as I was going down which caused the bike to spin and high side me off. I did some flips and contacted the ground with my shoulder and helmet before I ended up face down in a ditch about 15 feet farther down the road in relation to where my bike stopped.

The bike is totaled. All plastic gone. Tank dented. Muffler bent in to the swing arm and we think it bent the tail section frame. All the gauges and everything on the front is gone. Forks possibly bent. Handlebar bent.

However, the bike started up and is purring like a kitten.

I'll have to wait to see what the deal will be with the insurance company before I'll have an idea about what I will do.

The guys were all great getting me and my bike off the mountain. I really appreciate all the help while I sat in the emergency room. I only mildly separated my shoulder and got some bruises but all my gear worked perfect.

The trip was still awesome and the guys were a lot of fun.

Dang Joe. Sorry to hear about your bike but glad you are ok!

Back