New video from Yamaha

That video has been discussed in other threads on here, it's the new R1 for 2015. Yamaha are releasing their 2015 line up in November, but trickles will start coming out from late October from what I've heard.

Yamaha is coming out with the FJ-09.....based on the FZ-09, but it has a half fairing and some quirky off road touches like hand guards, it's meant to be a little more oriented toward the touring side of things. I think this will supersede the FZ1 which will be quietly retired as it has served it's purpose.

I wouldn't be too quick to retire the FZ1, both Kawasaki and Suzuki are keeping this segment of the market very much open.

Comfortable, sport bikes are all the rage at the moment and the FZ09 is just a cheapy that replaced the low selling FZ8.

I suspect Yamaha will also bring out their new version of the FZ1 in 2015.

I am not sure there will be another Fz1, the model did sell ok in EU but not in the US or other markets, the MT09 or Fz09 sells great everywhere. The power naked market is saturated and the share would be small, the sport touring middle segement can be done with the FJR09 no need for full liter the triple is powerful enough at usable street speeds.
Sorry but I can not see why Yamaha should bring a new Fz1, their new concept with the 900 triple is so much more successful compared to the Fz1, it seems that there is no need for a new Fz1. I rather think there might be an R9 at some point, that would be really great. Meanwhile let's see the new R1 ;).

I wouldn't be too quick to retire the FZ1, both Kawasaki and Suzuki are keeping this segment of the market very much open.

Comfortable, sport bikes are all the rage at the moment and the FZ09 is just a cheapy that replaced the low selling FZ8.

I suspect Yamaha will also bring out their new version of the FZ1 in 2015.

If they made a 3rd Gen FZ1 with the Cross Plan motor, I would buy one just for that sweet sweet exhaust note.

Back