New Tuonos in the US!

Holy crap. I would never pay that- my used '05 FZ1 (7k miles) only cost me $3800 US and I still felt like I overpaid. I would never spend more than $6-7k on any motorcycle, ever. The Dollars/Miles ratio just isn't there.

Sometimes it isn't just about the dollars.

It's about the passion and the enjoyment you get from spending those hard earned dollars.

I paid AUD 13000 ride away with 12mths free full insurance for my new o km 09 in Sept last year. Everybody I talk to tells me I stole it! When I showed it to a guy that was looking to buy it after fitting the Retro kit he said "They could have asked for new price if they'd fitted that kit" new is about AUD 17500. We have to remember here that when that bike was imported, our dollar was way less valuable and to drop the price on new ones would devalue the 2nd hand value for people who have already purchased. That said I bet the price will not ever drop as the retailers will price on what the market will bear. Same goes for fuel over here.

I hate!!!!! my country now! I paid $14500 for an 08 model 2 years ago, it was a 2yr old brand new bike that no-one else wanted, the dealer said it was the wrong colour which is why it hadn't sold before i came along.

I'm wondering what color he said no one wanted...

Sometimes it isn't just about the dollars.

It's about the passion and the enjoyment you get from spending those hard earned dollars.

I couldn't have said it better. I usually only buy vehicles second hand, once I rode this it "fit." I didn't have to adapt to the bike, it was like the bike was made for me. I felt comfortable, and confident on it right away. Not that I don't on the FZ, but I had to make to work well for me.

Regardless, I can hardly wait for Monday to get here.

In the mean time I'll be in the garage de-modding the FZ1.

You guys are totally getting ripped off in Oz.
9635d1332679042-new-tuonos-us-capture.jpg

You guys are totally getting ripped off in Oz.
9635d1332679042-new-tuonos-us-capture.jpg

Yep, tell us about it!!! I F-ing hate it!!!
I love!!! the international internet shopping we can do now. The aust retailers hate it as they are losing out big time now, but stiff shit!
I got all my Alpinestars gear almost half price from germany when you compare the prices to the recommended retail prices here.
I think you guys in the US are so lucky!

Go for a test ride Johnny, you'll sell everything you own to buy it. AF1 Racing said they've never had a response like this before.

Now mind you I haven't called regarding insurance yet...:confused:

Stay away from that evil bike Johnny I wish I never rode one:drools:

Back