New Tuonos in the US!

Mmmmmmm.... Tuono!!!

What a great looking bike with an excellent set of features. For a street rider, there's not a lot of "needed" improvements right out of the crate! :drools:

Mmmmmmm.... Tuono!!!

What a great looking bike with an excellent set of features. For a street rider, there's not a lot of "needed" improvements right out of the crate! :drools:

At $1200 a pop plus dealer stuff, the only "needed improvement" will be pants with a tighter rear pocket.:shaking head:

If those Tuonos are $1200 a pop I'll take 5 please :) Did I miss something here ?
Last time I checked they were $14,999.

I just did a quick google search and that was what popped up - $15000 is even worse. Either way, I think I'd take a low mileage 08 R1 and FZ1, given the choice, since they both can be had for the price of one V4

Last edited:
I just did a quick google search and that was what popped up - $15000 is even worse. Either way, I think I'd take a low mileage 08 R1 and FZ1, given the choice, since they both can be had for the price of one V4

I agree that $15,000 is a bit much, way out of my range. Just hope that the Japanese use the New Tuono V4 as a goal to match or beat in
the performance department.
Seen a few dyno charts already and they are putting the Tuono @ 153-154hp at the wheel stock ! ( dynojet )
The amazing part....the Tuono making MORE power then the RSV4R all thru the range until peak, then only down 2 Horsepower at peak !!!
Everything I've read also points to top notch suspension, handling and a killer electronics package.
Really hope the Japanese do the same and give us a true sportbike with handlebars at some point.

Have a look at this test and dyno chart http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/aprilia/2012-aprilia-tuono-v4-r-review-91250.html

Last edited:
I had a test ride on one last week end. It had the akra pipe fitted and sounded great. The sales dude set the map to S4 what ever that is LOL but the thing would power wheelie in second no worries. Handled great and for what you get for your money I think its really good compared to Ducati. Would I buy one YES! But they do suck the fuel, I have heard they use 9ltrs per 100ks Like what the!! Thats like 2 gallons to do 70miles? Don't know how true this is but it sounds wrong to me.

You guys have it rough ! I paid $8299 for my new 2011 last Fall. Left over 2009's can be had for under $7000 here.

I hate!!!!! my country now! I paid $14500 for an 08 model 2 years ago, it was a 2yr old brand new bike that no-one else wanted, the dealer said it was the wrong colour which is why it hadn't sold before i came along.

Holy crap. I would never pay that- my used '05 FZ1 (7k miles) only cost me $3800 US and I still felt like I overpaid. I would never spend more than $6-7k on any motorcycle, ever. The Dollars/Miles ratio just isn't there.

The biggest reason for the price difference between us here in Oz and you guys in the states is buying power.
With a much larger customer base, importers in the States can bring in thousands compared to maybe hundreds tops here in Oz.

I think I'll be saving for the first lot of second hand models that will be on the market late next year....24k is way too much.

Im sure there nice but that faring looks like someone took a hack saw to the lower half.... If Im spending that much Id buy the beemer... just my 2 cents

Last edited:
^^^ Oh you won't believe how they ride, simply amazing. It is the best bike I've ridden in 30 years of riding. And I've ridden the "best" bikes of their times, and this is a 100 times better than the best. The BMW is a very nice bike, but the package on the Ape is even better.

Back