New to forum

Hi guys I'm new here just got my hands on a secondhand Fz1n and must say so far I'm loving it. I have a question how do I remove my passenger seat it's driving me nuts not knowing how.

Welcome.

If it is like the FZ-1 S then it is a key lock on the left side (if I remember correctly) of bike. Put a slight bit of pressure on the rear of seat and turn the key in the lock (and hold) then lift rear of seat.

To release the pilot seat, feel for a lever under the crossbar (after you remove the passenger seat) and pull it sideways until you feel / hear the click.

Last edited:
It's the naked model the fz1n we call it in Australia can't seem to see a lock anywhere. It's driving me nuts :banghead:

According to pictures on the internet, the key lock is in the same place as the pictures above., Left side by where the frame and subframe meet. Silver colored circle with key slot, unlocks the rear (passenger) seat. You should feel a click as you turn it. Remote cable unlatches the rear seat.

Last edited:
Found it guys thanks for the help I feel like such a noob! :scared:

Welcome!
Everyone is a noob - until they become a geezer! No worries!
You've found an excellent forum. There is a lot of help here. A lot of excellent, helpful people - who are not into judging others.

Glad you're here!

Back