New Tire

markowinnipeg

Well 10,000 kms later and I am in the search for a new rear tire (cords are showing), honestly I am not that impressed with the Dunlop Q2 life (tire it's self was good) as on previous sets of Peralli's I have also gotten over 10,000km.
I am lean to Bridgestone Battlax BT 016 and just wondering if anyone is running these?

If you got over 6,000 miles on the Q2 and are NOT pleased, then forget about the 016's. That's not going to happen. I don't ride aggressively by any means and the 016's were done in less than 5k miles. I have been running 023's now for the last two "go arounds" and I am super pleased with them. Are you commuting or riding the twisties??? Riding aggressive or just normal riding with some aggressive spurts here and there???

10k on a Q2? Bloody good! I've never heard anyone else report close to that

If you're looking for more tire life, forget the trackday tires like the Q2, get a Pilot Road 3 or a BT-023 or even a Conti Motion

IMO, if you were able to get 6K out of a Q2 then I don't think you are pushing the tires that hard to begin with. Which leads me to recommend a mixed set. Michelin Pilot Road 2CT Rear tire (Gives you VERY long life while still having great side grip), and then a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT front (Gives you way better turn in over the Road2ct front).

I use this combo along with a friend of mine who I got to use it and he loves it as well. They handle amazing, last a LONG time, and ride nice.

Give them a look!

If you got over 6,000 miles on the Q2 and are NOT pleased, then forget about the 016's. That's not going to happen. I don't ride aggressively by any means and the 016's were done in less than 5k miles. I have been running 023's now for the last two "go arounds" and I am super pleased with them. Are you commuting or riding the twisties??? Riding aggressive or just normal riding with some aggressive spurts here and there???

I looked at my log, exact mileage was 8,243 km. I commute mostly highway at 120 to 140 kph.
I am actually pretty hard on tires but honestly got more miles out of my previous Peralli's Diablos. You also have to keep in mind that up North a good 4,000 of those km's are in or near freezing temps (-7C to plus 15C) which in my opinion should have very little wear.

IMO, if you were able to get 6K out of a Q2 then I don't think you are pushing the tires that hard to begin with. Which leads me to recommend a mixed set. Michelin Pilot Road 2CT Rear tire (Gives you VERY long life while still having great side grip), and then a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT front (Gives you way better turn in over the Road2ct front).

I use this combo along with a friend of mine who I got to use it and he loves it as well. They handle amazing, last a LONG time, and ride nice.

Give them a look!

Thanks I will go get some pricing....seems like a better way to go seeing as I commute about 70 miles per day

Just for info if anybody is interested this is what I had for mileage on my last 3 sets of tires (disregard what I posted earlier as what I was looking at was Peralli mileage)
Dunlop Sportmax Q2 - 6400km
Peralli Diablos - 8200 km
Peralli Scorpian Sync - 11,800km

I will give the Pilot a shot in the back but as I still have some life left in the front Q2 will keep it on for hopefully a couple of months. Thanks for your help.

lol, i must be a easy rider on the tires. I got 13K out of my PR2's. or maby the road surface here is better

I am thinking the road surface, cause if the roads in manitoba,canada, is like here in Alberta, canada , we have a lot of rough pavement. But I am currently 13,000kms on my original Dunlop rear that came with the bike, cords are showing , gotta get a new rear. May try papageno's combo with the michelins.I am not the easiest on the bike either.

I am thinking the road surface, cause if the roads in manitoba,canada, is like here in Alberta, canada , we have a lot of rough pavement. But I am currently 13,000kms on my original Dunlop rear that came with the bike, cords are showing , gotta get a new rear. May try papageno's combo with the michelins.I am not the easiest on the bike either.

What can I say it is Manitoba the roads suck but that being said a good portion of the riding season is in cool weather. Even today it was only plus 5C this morning but this afternoon 30C. I ride mostly highway and geared up to 16/46 from 15/47 so that should help big time with tire wear also.

You will be glad you did!

Ended up getting the Michelin pilot road 3 for front and rear
I got 13,448 Kms on the rear factory dunlops, probably could of gotten another 2,000kms out of the front , but I decided to change them both.
Only 150 Kms on the pilot3 so far, very impressed.

Back