New mod ordered! I got lucky!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
1544.jpg

I cannot believe it! I have been checking their site for WEEKS, almost daily, for one to show up in the bargain bin and tonight.... there it was!

One Top Saddlery seat is ON THE WAY! :unworthy: :yes:

For anyone who has riden a TS seat, you know why there's this enthusiasm and those who have not, are welcome to meet with me and try this on their GEN II.

Color me DAMNED HAPPY!

Great news Eric. I know your happy as a pig in slop! I remember feeling that way when I scored a slightly used "mustang" seat for my Honda Spirit. It retailed for $459.00 dollars and I scored it for $188.00 on auction. Your butt is gonna thank you the first time out!

Great news Eric. I know your happy as a pig in slop! I remember feeling that way when I scored a slightly used \"mustang\" seat for my Honda Spirit. It retailed for $459.00 dollars and I scored it for $188.00 on auction. Your butt is gonna thank you the first time out!

I has a TS seat on my FZ6 when I traded it. That is the only thing I really miss about that bike other than the MPG. It's like riding on a sofa... I only had to ever stop for fuel. :D

I'll be waiting and watching DAILY for that to arrive now!

So what is so good about the TS seats? Doe s it comes with heater and gel?
Please post some photos after installing it!
Thanks!

You can order one with a heater but it's much cheaper to install your own heater. The best thing is is DOESN'T come with gel! Gel seats are no good. They get hot and STAY hot... the get cold and STAY hard AND cold. :D

The TS seat is made with some very nice materials that make you forget your on a motorcycle and think your in the plush living room. Sooo much comfort. The seat material and shape keeps you planted in one spot. There's no movement, sliding forward or backward... no ridges pressing into your thighs.

It was the best money I ever spent on the FZ6 and I'm really hoping this one gives me the same comfort!

The angle of the rear of the seat looks too high. I had experienced some issues with similar seats. This tend to adds a pressure point around the tailbone.
Let us know if it is not an issue after a 100 + miles test ride! :)
In general I like the design. Looks really nice!

Looking forward toy your review of the seat. So far I don't think there is a great seat out there for the Gen II FZ1 (Yamaha gel, Corbin, Sargent). I have the Sargent, and while better than the stock one, it's not all that great after a couple of hours.

The angle of the rear of the seat looks too high. I had experienced some issues with similar seats. This tend to adds a pressure point around the tailbone.
Let us know if it is not an issue after a 100 + miles test ride! :)
In general I like the design. Looks really nice!

I'm hoping it looks better on the bike than the pictures because it looks a bit strange. That being said, the FZ6 one was the same tailbone area look too, but these seats are designed with very soft foam in that area and the whole seat compresses well. I thought I'd have issues with this on the FZ6 but it was unfounded.... the best seat I've ever owned bar none. :D

Looking forward toy your review of the seat. So far I don't think there is a great seat out there for the Gen II FZ1 (Yamaha gel, Corbin, Sargent). I have the Sargent, and while better than the stock one, it's not all that great after a couple of hours.

I am sure that I will be coming down to Bear Mtn and/or the Catskills next year so if you'd like to slap it on your bike for a tour with me, I'll trade seats for you to try it. If this one is as comfortable as the FZ6 seat? What's that song? "I'm in heaven, I'm in heaven!" :D :tup:

We'll have to start planning a Northeast FZ1 meet soon for next summer. Anyone have an "in" with the OCC folks? Maybe a tour of the shop? :D

How did you get this mod past the CFO?? Thought you were banned until x-mas?? or is it...."Honey, these damn people keep sending me things and it is funny that it is for the FZ! Go Figure....."

I need to look at shaving some of my seat down b/c it has me perched funny when I try to tuck and go on the super slab.....

Adam

I am sure that I will be coming down to Bear Mtn

We'll have to start planning a Northeast FZ1 meet soon for next summer. Anyone have an \\"in\\" with the OCC folks? Maybe a tour of the shop? :D

Maybe not the OCC boys but I did get to hang out with Vinny and Cody for a few hours on a couple of occasions. They are located right down the road from OCC. In my opinion, the OCC boys forgot where they came from. I have personal evidence to support this as I had met them way back when in their tiny shop in Rock Tavern. I'll post pictures later on this evening when I get home. I have some cool shots. Vinny and Cody, on the other hand, were so gracious it was hard to believe. Let's see what happens to them if they take off and get really big. Fame and fortune has a way of changing people. Lets hope it doesn't happen to them.

Last edited:
I am sure that I will be coming down to Bear Mtn and/or the Catskills next year so if you'd like to slap it on your bike for a tour with me, I'll trade seats for you to try it. If this one is as comfortable as the FZ6 seat? What's that song? \"I'm in heaven, I'm in heaven!\" :D :tup:

We'll have to start planning a Northeast FZ1 meet soon for next summer. Anyone have an \"in\" with the OCC folks? Maybe a tour of the shop? :D

Sounds like a great idea. We definitely have to set up a NE gathering for next year.

How did you get this mod past the CFO?? Thought you were banned until x-mas?? or is it....\"Honey, these damn people keep sending me things and it is funny that it is for the FZ! Go Figure.....\"

I need to look at shaving some of my seat down b/c it has me perched funny when I try to tuck and go on the super slab.....

Adam

I caught her right after she'd bought something plus she was distracted on the phone with her sister... so I took advantage of it. :D Sneaky.... VERY sneaky! Besides, she had told me that I could only get one if it was in the bargain bin at TS, just like the FZ6 seat. :D

Now, I didn't tell her it is going to be another $60- $75 to ship my originals back too! :eek: :laugh2:

Counting the days! Yea!!

Back