New member welcome thread...

Hi fellow bikers, I'm Sam/Swanon2 from Australia running a little cotton Farm in NSW. I'm new to the forum as you can see, just sold My 08 Trumpet Sprint for a new bike so i thought i'd join up and get abit of info on the FZ1's, stunning looking machines!!

Welcome Sam! Hope we make your decision about the FZ1 a little easier. It's a great all around bike ;)

Hi fellow bikers, I'm Sam/Swanon2 from Australia running a little cotton Farm in NSW. I'm new to the forum as you can see, just sold My 08 Trumpet Sprint for a new bike so i thought i'd join up and get abit of info on the FZ1's, stunning looking machines!!

Welcome Sam, nice to have you along. As Tony said, have no worries about the FZ1. It's an all around great bike. I'm also currently "bikeless" but hope to be on a fuel injected FZ1 by March. When you do finally have one please post up some pics.

Cheers Fellas, i'm with you on that one Pilot black is amazing ! got a good list of bikes there!

and i certainly will do RiderNy which ever way i go ; ) hopefully be seeing pictures of yours soon. thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:
Hello I'm Bartek

Hello All,

My name is Bartek I come from Poland.
After three years of riding on Fz6 I changed bike for Fz1.
Now in Poland is Winter so I must waiting for new seson :(
I greet all!

Wide road and fire on the pistons!

Hello All,

My name is Bartek I come from Poland.
After three years of riding on Fz6 I changed bike for Fz1.
Now in Poland is Winter so I must waiting for new seson :(
I greet all!

Wide road and fire on the pistons!

Welcome to the forum! Middle of winter here in Texas also but it is a warm 63 degrees F / 17.2 degrees Celsius.
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

A BIG Welcome!

Welcome Bartek !! It's winter here also in middle Indiana . . . sunny and cold today! Brrrrrrrrrrr . .. .. . . ... in fact, I need some Bailey's in my coffee :icon_beer:

Howdy all -

Just picked up an 01 FZ1. This is my first bike to own (but not ride...). It had been dropped by the previous owner, but is mechanically decent. I will be repairing body work, and slowly moving it into the role of a one up sport tourer. Look forward to learning from the experts here.

Been a while

Thought i had better call here first !! As a few of you know i had an accident in febuary this year where i wrote my fz1 off and crushed my ankle ! whilst my ankle wont mend my fz will lol so ill be on more often now and ill keep you posted on how the new builds going .... time to get back in the saddle !!

Here's a Warm welcome to the newest members...Unlike some of the folks here...I have no plans on hibernating. As long as the snow melts quick I will continue riding!

Hello from Rocklin, CA.

I just picked up an '07: (seller's photo)

377355_2759315671616_1519524842_2708023_1035609421_n.jpg

He had kind of a streetfighter thing going, with Pro Taper bars a chopped windscreen and an Akro slip-on.

But since I already have a streetfighter, I was looking for more of a sport tourer. So I added a ZG Sport Tourer Windscreen and some different Pro Tapers.

375215_2824251454970_1519524842_2733501_1140948068_n.jpg

So far I'm liking the bike a lot. Decent power and it handles well. I was pretty dead set on an FJR or maybe ZZR, but I thought the FZ might suit me better. I'm pretty happy with my decision.

Welcome Deftone. One of the nice things about the FZ1 is that you can customize it to turn it into pretty much anything you want. While it's not as good a sport-tourer as the FJR it's lighter and more "fun" in the turns.

Welcome Deftone. One of the nice things about the FZ1 is that you can customize it to turn it into pretty much anything you want. While it's not as good a sport-tourer as the FJR it's lighter and more "fun" in the turns.

yea, the FJR is a beast. Fantastic bike but I can make a far more agile sport tourer out of an FZ1.

yea, the FJR is a beast. Fantastic bike but I can make a far more agile sport tourer out of an FZ1.

Yea, it will make a fine sport-tourer. I have mine set up more for sport-touring as well. I have Corbin seats (with passenger backrest), Givi V35 side cases (with the rapid release mounting brackets) and full factory fairings ;)

Hi, I am a new FZ owner but a long time rider. My son rides and races motocross and is into motorcycles pretty heavy as well. I picked up my bike, A 2005 Black FZ1, in november and have put almost 1000 miles on it in some pretty cold michigan weather. Love the bike and everbody I have talked to says for the price I stole it. Glad to be a part of this forum.

Hi, I am a new FZ owner but a long time rider. My son rides and races motocross and is into motorcycles pretty heavy as well. I picked up my bike, A 2005 Black FZ1, in november and have put almost 1000 miles on it in some pretty cold michigan weather. Love the bike and everbody I have talked to says for the price I stole it. Glad to be a part of this forum.

Welcome aboard Jamie. Post some pics of your ride when you get a chance.

Back