New member welcome thread...

G'day all. Chris here.
Seriously thinking about upgrading my 08 Bandit 1250S to a FZ1S after becoming frustrated at Suzuki's corner cutting to build the Bandit to a price.
Just replaced the starter motor which seems to be common and I get the feeling its about to start costing me money.

Has anyone gone the same route? Looking for feedback. :rmwl:

Cheers,
Chris (Australia)

Welcome to the forum.
Two very different animals. Your current ride is a torque monster while the FZ1 is more top end biased. Take one for a test ride to see if the FZ1 suits you.

Sent from my SG2 using Tapatalk

Just bought FZ1

Just joined. Bought a 2007 FZ1 2 weeks ago and have put 1K miles on it on some back roads--getting familiar. Love it! Now 4700 miles on it, only. Great bike in my garage!

I rode growing up from early age on mini bikes to dirt bikes and eventually road. I had been without for a while but got back on. I test rode close to 15 different bikes before finding this one.

hi guys,

I am kinshuk from India, an aspirant of this naked street beast.....

i am in love with the bike....

and since i will be buying a superbike only once in my life i want to be sure that it is right for me.... as in India we do not find many used sbks for sale and even the new ones are twice as costly as they are in the US....

Kinshuk

hi guys,

I am kinshuk from India, an aspirant of this naked street beast.....

i am in love with the bike....

and since i will be buying a superbike only once in my life i want to be sure that it is right for me.... as in India we do not find many used sbks for sale and even the new ones are twice as costly as they are in the US....

Kinshuk

Welcome to the Forum. How about showing us a picture of the FZ that you have (or have in mind). :shine:

Welcome to the Forum. How about showing us a picture of the FZ that you have (or have in mind). :shine:

this bike is of a friend of mine and would like to own something like this in a couple of years.... have been saving for one of these from the past 7-8 months....

i would like to paint the front and the top of the tank with lava orange colour (same as that of my yamaha fz-16) so that they both look like one family, and will try to get a registration number of the same sequence....

please pray so that i can get one of these monsters as soon as possible....

New here

Hello all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am the RI_Grinch aka Joe. I have been checking out this site for a week or so now and really like what I see. I am currently looking at a 2002 FZ1 at a local dealer. I'm currently waiting to see if the bank will give me a loan so I can go pick up the bike. I have been drooling over it for the past month and finally went to go see if I can finance it (fingers crossed). Any way,I live in Rhode Island and I'm married with 3 kids. This site has some really great info on these bikes which is why I joined.
Well can't wait to get to know you all and hopefully if everything goes right I will be joining the FZ1 family here shortly.

Welcome !!

:welcome:Great to have you here Joe !! Bike, or no bike yet, no problem ! Stick around and enjoy the forum ! And, when you do get your baby , ,,post up some pics for us. . . ! I have a Gen-1 FZ. FWIW, the '01-'05 years are my personal favorite. They just fit this old guy the best ! :cheers:

Hello all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am the RI_Grinch aka Joe. I have been checking out this site for a week or so now and really like what I see. I am currently looking at a 2002 FZ1 at a local dealer. I'm currently waiting to see if the bank will give me a loan so I can go pick up the bike. I have been drooling over it for the past month and finally went to go see if I can finance it (fingers crossed). Any way,I live in Rhode Island and I'm married with 3 kids. This site has some really great info on these bikes which is why I joined.
Well can't wait to get to know you all and hopefully if everything goes right I will be joining the FZ1 family here shortly.

Welcome Joe! I hope you get the "okay" abd are able to pick her up. If we're lucky a while longer with this beautiful weather, you should be able to still get some rides in. Make sure to post some shots of your GenI when she arrives.

Got the news today that the bank wants me to get a co-signer..WTF! Do they realize how much of a pain in the a$$ that is. Most people don't want to do that for ya. Hopefully I can find someone. :cuss:

FZ1n Adelaide/Australia - New member

Hi Guys

I'm Madz from Adelaide and I recently bought a band new Fz1n black and i'm enjoying each and every moment. I just finished the first 1600kms. Awesome bike! :stunta]:

:cowboy: MM

Hi everybody. I joined in October but didn't get around to introducing myself until now. I live in Northern Ontario and am the happy owner of a 2006 Shift Red FZ1. I got my first bike at 13, a Honda, and my first Yamaha the following year. Nothing but Yamahas since then. I have been a self employed trucker for over 30 years, so riding bikes is a great way to relax for me. If there are any riders around Sudbury Ontario, drop me a line. With snow in the forcast we'll have to wait until spring, but we'll have to go for a ride next year.

Hi from Australia

Hi fellow bikers, I'm Sam/Swanon2 from Australia running a little cotton Farm in NSW. I'm new to the forum as you can see, just sold My 08 Trumpet Sprint for a new bike so i thought i'd join up and get abit of info on the FZ1's, stunning looking machines!!

Back