New member welcome thread...

Hi my name is Doug. I currently live in Dover, Delaware and work as a Civilian Electrician on Dover AFB. I retired from the Air Force in Oct 2011 after just over 23 years. I am married to my wife, Isabelle, who is from Belgium...which is where I would love to get back to if I could land a job there. We have no children.

I just purchased a 2009 FZ1 in Cobalt Blue. Prior to this I have owned an 85 Kawasaki Ninja 600R, 98 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R, 04 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R and 07 Suzuki Bandit 1250.

Additionally, I am an Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Instructor. I also belong to the FZ1OA Forum.

Looking forward to spending non-riding time on this site and hopefully one day riding with some of you.

Take care,
Doug

Hi Yammi, if you ever plan visiting Belgium, let me know. I live in Belgium near mechelen and too am a licensed motorcycle instructor. and welcome on this forum!

Hey everyone, I actually ride an FZ8, but, being that our bikes share a bunch of parts, I thought I could learn a thing or two.
I'm actually looking for cheap passenger seat pan. I've got an idea for a bit of a project.

Newbie hello :)

Hi all, I'm Andy from Worcestershire, UK. New to the FZ world having just purchased a FZ1 s (full faired). Biking has been a large part of my life i.e. since my teenager years. Had a good few along these years and with the fz1 i also have & ride a Vmax 1200.

Welcome Shadowman & Fatboy_ah.
Would love to see some pics of your bikes.
I am fairly new here as well, but there is a wealth of experience here & they are a very friendly group.
I am from Melbourne, Australia.

Hello first timer

Hello, My name is Pedro from Worcester MA. Just outside of Boston. first time looking around trying to learn as much as possible. I currently have a 2012 Victory cross country and also purchased a used 2008 FZ1.
I needed the best of both worlds so that's why I also have the FZ1.

I needed something that would perform like a good street bike with a more upright sitting position. after talking to many other riders. They pointed me to the FZ1.

I was looking for comfort R1 or close performance but had to be a liter bike. The same dealer where I purchased my Victory also had a used FZ1 so I jumped at it. its in storage and will take it out in march.

I have already looked at some mods and cant wait to try them. The only thing done on the bike Brand NEW TIRES Yoshimura Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tip Tail Section Eliminator, The dealer thinks it has a Power commander III also.

I saw a few mods from the Copperdawg FZ1 mod web site looks like a good start. any advice will be welcome. Glad to be here. I posted a pic of the FZ1 I purchased.

Last edited:
Hello, My name is Pedro from Worcester MA. Just outside of Boston. first time looking around trying to learn as much as possible. I currently have a 2012 Victory cross country and also purchased a used 2008 FZ1.
I needed the best of both worlds so that's why I also have the FZ1.

I needed something that would perform like a good street bike with a more upright sitting position. after talking to many other riders. They pointed me to the FZ1.

I was looking for comfort R1 or close performance but had to be a liter bike. The same dealer where I purchased my Victory also had a used FZ1 so I jumped at it. its in storage and will take it out in march.

I have already looked at some mods and cant wait to try them. The only thing done on the bike Brand NEW TIRES Yoshimura Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tip Tail Section Eliminator, The dealer thinks it has a Power commander III also.

I saw a few mods from the Copperdawg FZ1 mod web site looks like a good start. any advice will be welcome. Glad to be here. I posted a pic of the FZ1 I purchased.

Welcome and its going to be a long winter for you

Hey there. 22 years old, just got my first bike, 2002 fz1. It has 17,xxx miles on it. I've never ridden motorcycles on the road before. Just dirtbikes and quads, but after a couple spins yesterday when I got it home, I'm hooked :D Now prepare yourself, because I'm going to be started noob threads everywhere.

Hi all.
Just come over from the sister site. Long time bike owner, currently on an 11 FZ8.
I am on the lookout for a decent Gen II rear shock. Not in a huge rush, still a ton of snow on the ground here!

Hi my name is John and I'am from Bethlehem PA. I just purchaced my 2009 Granite and Black FZ-1 or should I say my fiancee bought it for my as a pre wedding slash 40th birthday gift( I figured I'd make you guys a little jelouse). I have previously owned a 87&89 FZR 1000,93 CBR 900, 97 Triumph t595 with tons of cash and carbon fiber thrown at it,KLR 600 and a ZX6 R. I currently have the for mentioned FZ-1 and my baby 2002 KTM EXC 520 ( I love ridin in the woods and shes a beast. I could not hold out any longer a finally put 50 miles on the FZ yeasterday. It kind of reminds me of what a FJ 1100/1200 would be today if they still contiuned the model (or did they). Well hello everyone and if anyone is local to me drop me a line.

Ahh yes my very first post. Fond memories and almost 3 years.

hello all, my introduction here.
I'm jay in texas, owned my first street bike in 1980, so that might qualify me as an old dude. My last two bikes i had were a 97 vmax and 03 fz1. acquired an 2011 fz1 in january and think its another great bike. there is lots of information on this site.
safe riding to you. :popcorn:

I'm jay in texas, owned my first street bike in 1980, so that might qualify me as an old dude. My last two bikes i had were a 97 vmax and 03 fz1. acquired an 2011 fz1 in january and think its another great bike. there is lots of information on this site.

Hello Jay and welcome. we love pics around here so lets see your baby.

Welcome to the board!

I currently have an '03 FZ1 that I'm getting ready to make some minor mods too. And I remember the original V-Max. I was on my '77 Kawi Z650-B2. I was just starting to get on the throttle when a guy I knew from high school blew by me in 4th gear. When he got on the throttle, the rear tire broke loose and he smoked it pretty good.:jaw drop:

I guess that kind of dates me. I'm a fossil.

Last edited:
Back