New member welcome thread...

Hey guys, I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I come from the FZ6R-Forum....User name FZRblack. I sold my '09 FZ6R earlier this year, and recently, we wrecked my wife's Vulcan 900. With all the extra insurance money, I bought myself a '12 White FZ1. I will be picking it up Monday. Very much looking forward to getting the FZ1, I have liked them for years. Hopefully this forum is just as cool as the FZ6R forum. TTYL!!!!

Hey guys, I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I come from the FZ6R-Forum....User name FZRblack. I sold my '09 FZ6R earlier this year, and recently, we wrecked my wife's Vulcan 900. With all the extra insurance money, I bought myself a '12 White FZ1. I will be picking it up Monday. Very much looking forward to getting the FZ1, I have liked them for years. Hopefully this forum is just as cool as the FZ6R forum. TTYL!!!!

Welcome and congrats! :D Time to start your build thread with the BEFORE pics! :yes:

Hi all, going to look at a fz1 tomorrow after selling my car, havent been on a bike in a year as i sold my last one to fund the car i have just sold, previous bike was a hevily modded sv650, forged pistons,cams,rsv front forks ect

so hopefully with be the proud owner of a black naked fz1 tomorrow

then start saving for parts to sort the suspension out (i work for ohlins)

Been lurking for a few years. After 31 years of riding the same 1981 Yamaha Seca 550, I have purchased a 2008 FZ1. Retro body kit was installed today. Quite a change from the old bike. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

hi my names dave im from england near portsmouth
i have a 09 reg fz1 naked bought it last november love it probably one of
the best handling and power bikes ive owned so far. fitted a few extras

piug screen
coloured cobra brake lines
beowolf rad cover
colour coded rear seat cover
micron can (satin black)
and a mtc can (stainless)
im 55 divorced and a lorry driver

A joy to ride

Good Morning all.
I'm Scott and I live in Pensacola fl for the moment. I've been riding for the last 41 years I'm { 56 } now. I've owned over 40 different bikes through the years always looking for the bike that does not get boring 12 months into it. After reading about the FZ1 and the reviews that their owners have posted, I am now looking for an 03 -05 example. I have 3 kids with 1 still at home who has recently started riding. I'm self employed for the last 25 years in the field of remolding { odessabay.com } is what I do when I'm not riding. Thanks for this forum !
Last week I found the FZ1 I've been looking for its an 03 BEE with 8500 miles on it. Now all I have to do is fly up to Indy and pick it up. What a shame its the hottest summer on record.

Last edited:
Hello from New Mexico

Hello,

I'm still researching my purchase of an FZ1. I currently ride a Sportster, but my last bike was an FZ6. I miss riding a modern-day motorcycle so I've been looking at the FZ1 or maybe the FZ8, but it seems like a used FZ1 is a better deal so far.

I found a 2006 and he's asking $5500 for it. I rode it and I love it except for the footpeg position. I would like to move them forward a few inches. So if anyone knows of a good rear set that lets you move everything forward, please let me know.

Regards,
Jarod

Here is a photo of my "new" retro and the old retro.

004.jpg

new guy

Hi my real name is James I just sold my 09 FZ6 and bought a brand new 09 FZ1 its blue I dont know how to do a picture, my wife does though soon as I get her to help me I will up date. Thanks guys and gals God Bless You

I my name is Thiry from Quebec Canada.
I just baught a FZ1 2012 last week. It's my first bike, some say i'm crazy to buy a so strong machine as first bike. But im a power addicted.
I owned a modified Subaru STI (with many track day experience), a Sea-doo XP, a Ski-doo renagade 800 , a quad KTM 525.
I did a lot of shopping before to take the decision to buy a FZ1. It seem to be the best bang for the buck. power, handling, confort, siting position, durability.
Your site seem to be real complete and friendly. I will probably spend good time here.
Sorry for my bad english, my first language is french.
@+

Back