New member welcome thread...

Hello, I'm Joe from Louisiana. Just came over cause my favorite forum, FZ1OA, shut down. We had a good run. Learned a lot and hope to continue that here with like minded folks. I've had my ‘09 FZ1 since new in 2010. It’s charcoal black and has 60k miles on the clock. Miles are about to sky rocket cause my commute jumped up to 80 miles a day recently. Been on lots of 1-2k mile tours. It has many upgrades and meticulously maintained, love this bike. Anyway, looking fwd to getting started. IMG_0420.jpeg

Hello, I'm Joe from Louisiana. Just came over cause my favorite forum, FZ1OA, shut down. We had a good run. Learned a lot and hope to continue that here with like minded folks. I've had my ‘09 FZ1 since new in 2010. It’s charcoal black and has 60k miles on the clock. Miles are about to sky rocket cause my commute jumped up to 80 miles a day recently. Been on lots of 1-2k mile tours. It has many upgrades and meticulously maintained, love this bike. Anyway, looking fwd to getting started.
Welcome aboard!
I was on the FZ1OA forum since 2005, but I joined here a couple of years ago. There are a lot of good folks here as well, and hopefully we'll see some of the other faces popping up here as well.
BTW, I'm in S Central KY... My Profile says W Central KY. When I find that mysterious "User CP" button, I'll edit... :)

Last edited:
Welcome and that is a good looking bike!

Do you commute exclusively on it?

Thank you! A lot of cleaning and waxing.

I have been commuting exclusively on it since 2010. That is not saying much bc several places I have lived was only 5ish miles from work. One stretch of 3 months I was commuting 110 miles a day. That plus rd trips stacked up 7k in those three months. Fun stuff.

Another fz1oa migrant here. Lusted after a fz1 since o5 and 3 years ago it became a mandatory addition to a bucket list plan. Spending a year traveling the country in a rv, and riding the best roads in every state, all the while finding a new place to live. The bike took a bit of abuse in the little trailer with stuff falling on it or rubbing it, so It’s cosmetic repair time. First pic is near zion, second is saddle mountain west of phoenix.ED46DEED-C42D-4C35-971B-FC15113FA493.jpeg3078F1EE-052F-47E9-AF56-3314D0A27E60.jpeg

Last edited:
Another fz1oa migrant here. Lusted after a fz1 since o5 and 3 years ago it became a mandatory addition to a bucket list plan. Spending a year traveling the country in a rv, and riding the best roads in every state, all the while finding a new place to live. The bike took a bit of abuse in the little trailer with stuff falling on it or rubbing it, so It’s cosmetic repair time.View attachment 28051View attachment 28052
Livin the dream bro….welcome

Hello, I'm Joe from Louisiana. Just came over cause my favorite forum, FZ1OA, shut down. We had a good run. Learned a lot and hope to continue that here with like minded folks. I've had my ‘09 FZ1 since new in 2010. It’s charcoal black and has 60k miles on the clock. Miles are about to sky rocket cause my commute jumped up to 80 miles a day recently. Been on lots of 1-2k mile tours. It has many upgrades and meticulously maintained, love this bike. Anyway, looking fwd to getting started. View attachment 28033

Welcome.. glad you found us. I was unaware that the FZ01A site is shut down.. Everyone is welcome here..

Is that Sheep Bridge Rd out of Hurricane? Looks like the place I did a mountain bike camp trip a few years back with some friends. Great trails in the area. Welcome to the site and to AZ if you're still here!

Nope it was a free campspot the blm runs on the way out to zion. I ended up landing in texas but arizona was on the short list. That whole area is soo amazing, im going back for sure.

Robert here from GA, USA. Decided to join here since the FZ1OA site went black. I have a 2001 FZ1 with quite a few mods and a 1998 Honda Superhawk. I bought the FZ1 in 2016 and love it.
I'll post some pictures in the next couple of days.IMG_20160621_160933182_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, new here also!
I recently scooped up an 06' FZ1 in pristine condition. This site and the former FZ10A site has been so much appreciated.
I have been preparing for Ivan's ecu flash and will be sending it to him very soon, can't wait to see the difference for myself!

Hello, new here also!
I recently scooped up an 06' FZ1 in pristine condition. This site and the former FZ10A site has been so much appreciated.
I have been preparing for Ivan's ecu flash and will be sending it to him very soon, can't wait to see the difference for myself!
ECU is in the mail on it's way to Ivan's. Going to be a good new year!

Hi All,
My name is Chris I have an 04 FZ1 was blue now she's pearl. I named her Violet. Had her for 5+ years now as my second bike. I have gotten into track days since i got pulled over at 140+ a while back and am really at the limits for this suspension. I see a lot of help for 2nd gen stuff but is the first gen kind of stuck with stock suspension? 20221112_064756.jpg

Last edited:
Back