New Member --Northern Maine

Been lurking here for a few months, as I researched a new purchase. My last "big bore" bike was a 1980 Kawasaki 1000 LTD. Bought in Germany while stationed there to cruise the autobohn......Fast forward 30 years - a wife two kids in college and a dog...Bought a 2007 KLR a couple of years ago to get my bike legs back...it worked..which brings me to a couple of days ago... Found and purchased a 2008 FZ-1 leftover---saw it at a dealer this summer, had 125 (dealer) miles on it, went back this Fall and I tried it out and put 40 miles on it. Returned two days ago and made the purchase. Thanks to this forum I was able to determine a fair offer/price. He has it stored for me and I will pick it up this Spring. Thanks to all and glad to be here. I will have questions so please be patient with the new guy --- thanks

:welcome: and congrats! As with Currently (who happened to live with me and mine for a while, I am from central Maine. Old Town was my home and we moved to NH 13 years ago. Hope we can catch up for a ride!

Thanks for the Welcomes-- I grew up in Madtown and after 4 years of Army and 4 years of college, moved to Caribou where I have been for the past 23 years.....-FZ1inNH, did the Gaspe a couple of years ago on the KLR, 750 miles round trip from Caribou, some nice rides up in "The County" --- thinking of the Cabot Trail sometime in the future---also have relatives in Wells, Me--a ride might in the future could be possible

Back