New guy from Northeast Ohio

Good morning!

Name's Ryan -- been riding for about 8 years now, and this is my fourth bike... hoping to keep her around for a good long time.

qeHbBPr.jpeg

RlykrFi.jpeg

Picked up a 2005 Yamaha FZ1 with 19000 miles just a few weeks ago. Came with a ZG DB screen, a GYT-R exhaust, fender delete, integrated tails, a tank bag, a tail case and cost me less than $4k after taxes... pretty stoked to see what she can do.

Looking forward to bs'ing with you guys. :Rockon:

Whereabouts in NE Ohio? You're so much closer to "good" roads compared to my location in SE Michigan. I've taken my FZ1 down to SE Ohio and West Virginia a couple of times, and I love those trips!

Welcome to the board!

Whereabouts in NE Ohio? You're so much closer to "good" roads compared to my location in SE Michigan. I've taken my FZ1 down to SE Ohio and West Virginia a couple of times, and I love those trips!

Welcome to the board!

I'm in Lyndhurst, a nondescript suburb southeast of Cleveland.

There's exactly one good road within an hour of me, seems like, but it's good enough.

I'll probably be heading up your way; there's a real solid club in Pontiac called Elecktricity that brings good DJs through regularly.

Lyndhurst... Isn't the main claim to fame (and revenue generation) that little chunk of I-271 that lets them set up a speed trap? :sinister:

Lyndhurst... Isn't the main claim to fame (and revenue generation) that little chunk of I-271 that lets them set up a speed trap? :sinister:

Nah, I never see them running radar out there. You might be thinking of New Rome which is somewhere else.

Lyndhurst is a pretty dense suburb; they have better things to do than run radar.

I was thinking of Linndale - had to check with a friend who lives out that way. Apparently they're not as agressive with it as they used to be. Plus it was I-71, not 271.

I rode the shoreway at moderately high speeds (got the "slow down" wave from LEO on the shoulder running radar) and had a great time. If you haven't had a chance, check it out. Don't get too crazy -- there are a couple of decreasing radius turns out there and I've heard they've bitten more than a few riders.

Nice 05!!!

Welcome, Ryan. I've ridden since 16 (street), and had very good luck with my Yamahas. The bike you bought was considered the "best overall MC of the world" in 04. I think that the 05 silver with the black engine is uniquely beautiful. Many safe miles, and if you make it to Colorado, get ahold of me and we'll wear out some tires!

Hey, I will be back there this week and going up to Broadview Hts. Doubt it will be any riding though if I hear the weather right.

Welcome! I'm pretty new too.

Back