New Family Member

Boxers are awesome. We have a one-year-old (Henry) at home. Other than my Alpinestars motorcycle boots, he's left most of my personal stuff alone. My wife has lost a few pairs of shoes, countless pairs of undergarments, and he ate the stuffing out of the couch cushion. He also has an affinity for no. 2 pencils and Lego bricks.

Conventional wisdom (and my personal experience) says two years before they outgrow their puppy stage. It's worth the wait, though. Great dogs. They often love to howl along with harmonica music.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Congratulations, I have a buddy that is on his second boxer. His first boxer he named Sugar Ray and his current is named Summer. He says his boxers favorite thing to chew on has been his baseball hat collection :) We have a 9 year old Shiba Inu. When I was a kid we only had a dog for about 6 months before my parents decided they did not want it and gave it to some friends. Our dog has become part of our family, this is a picture of her from several years ago.

This is my 1 year old white boxer named Max. This is what he looks like sleeping. He is absolutely awesome, he is incredibly smart, fun, funny, loving, and protective of my 7 year old son. They are great dogs but they have tons of energy that needs to be burned up or they start digging and chewing. I solved that problem by taking him for runs and since I don't run, LOL! I pull him along while riding in my golf cart and he loves it.

I think for his name I'm going with Charles Bronson, Chuck or Bronson for short. Charles is my grandfathers name who passed a year ago. Someone suggested Bronson and I looked it up. Bronson means "son of a brown (dark) man" and his dad had a great fawn colored coat. Also Charles Bronson defended family while being good to the good people, so I'm hoping my pup will do the same. He's been really good so far, learning 'heel', 'sit' and 'stay in the yard' commands pretty easily. Now to work on the potty training. :)

Shiba Inu are cool dogs. I was looking at them but I'm more familiar with boxers.

View attachment 16805
View attachment 16806
View attachment 16807
View attachment 16808
View attachment 16809

Well I don't know how everyone is going to take this. Charles Bronson and I took our first ride together. I put him in the Camelback and zipped it up. Went to an office meeting 23.5 miles away. He was really good on the way down because I think he fell asleep. On the way back he was a lot more restless. Both ways my left arm went numb from holding on to him so tight.

View attachment 16827View attachment 16828

Well I don't know how everyone is going to take this. Charles Bronson and I took our first ride together. I put him in the Camelback and zipped it up. Went to an office meeting 23.5 miles away. He was really good on the way down because I think he fell asleep. On the way back he was a lot more restless. Both ways my left arm went numb from holding on to him so tight.

That's going to be a lot harder to do when he is 65 pounds of muscle! I have to admit, I wish I had worked a little harder to acclimate our "little" dog to the bike. I've never seriously considered putting our boxer on it, to be honest. He's officially my wife's dog, and she'd be almost as upset if he got hurt as she would be if something happened to our son!

Nice looking boxer Sky . Good luck they are very stubborn and harder to train when you dont have an older dog around to show them the ropes.
se7a9u6u.jpg
ebe7e3e2.jpg

The second pic is my boxer , boxador ,and the cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back