Need your opinion

RI_Grinch

Ok I need some opinions on what riding pants to buy. I bought a pair of generic overpants from JafrumDotCom a few months back and they are falling apart. They were cheap and I needed something other than just regular jeans. I know you get what you pay for which is why for $50 bux,I am not surprised that they are falling apart already. So my question becomes what should I get for my next pair. I currently ride with a Tourmaster Jett series 2 jacket. I would prefer something that will zip onto the coat but its not a necessity. I am definitely open to any ideas you guys have. Keep in mind that I would like to keep the bill under 200 bills or even lower if possible.

Thanks Billy...nice to see at least 1 person reply. I have considered those. I wasn't sure how good they really are. I want to be safe but I don't want to break the bank either.

Pricey but I use the FirstGear HT Air Overpants. Mesh, works great in hot weather. Overpant so you can wear them over work clothes for commuting. Zip-out liner that is wind/waterproof. I can wear them with the liner down to about 35 degrees. The new ones also have along with the water/windproof liner an additional thermal liner.

what's the purpose of the pants? just general riding? or more spirited stuff?

I've got a 2 piece Fieldsheer leather suit for when I'm going to raise a little hell... and a 2 piece Teknic suit for normal riding/highway trips/cold days with the insulated liners in.

Just for General riding purposes. Just want to have more protection than just a regular pair of jeans. I can't see buying leather with slider pucks. I have no intention on trying to drag knees. Just want to keep all the skin where it belongs if I happen to go down.

since you're already in tourmaster, I'd take a look at these: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Tour-Master-Pants-Mens-Caliber/dp/B005LTB2HK]Amazon.com: Tour Master Pants - Mens Tour Master Caliber Pants: Automotive[/ame]

I'm in almost the same boat as the Grinch, but need a model in tall variety. I like the idea of mesh with removable liner for cold/windy/rainy days.

I did just purchase a pair of Diamond Gusset jeans, have not worn for riding yet but fit was great and will be nice to have a single layer that's protected (somewhat).

I was in the opposite situation of you Sean. I needed my leather pants in a "short" ... and an added bit of fun, I also can't wear any of the italian made leathers, because they all make their leathers for people with pencil legs... if you've got large calves or thighs.. they won't work... Fieldsheer was the ticket for me at the time.. they carried pants in a 44 short that mated up to a 52 jacket..

For textile/Cordua stuff.. I really like my Teknic... it's a very well made suit.. has armor in all of the right places.. has a insulated, removable liner that I've ridden with in ~15 degree temperatures for 45 minutes - 1 hour with nothing underneath but a pair of shorts and a Hanes t-shirt.... but in the summer, I can remove the liners, open a few zippers in the arms and back and be not drenched in sweat on a 95+ degree day... it's really the perfect "everyday" suit for me...

Well...I ordered a pair of those pants that VA_Rider linked. I will give you guys a review of them when I get them. Sure hope I didn't just blow 160 bux on a junk pair of pants.

I think you'll like them... I had a buddy who wore all Tourmaster stuff.. he went down 3 or 4 time with it on.. it always held up really well from what I saw.. a few scuffs here or there.. but it never ripped or wore through in the 3 years I was riding with him.

I, too, am in the market for some riding pants. I have been looking at several, some Scorpions and some AGV Sport Tellurides from

Pants :: MotorcycleGear.com

They don't sell the Teknic brand but Revzilla does. I really like the fact that these Teknic Chicanes (and most Teknic textiles) are made out of Cordura.

These are all considerably less than $200.

For the $200 price range, you might pick up some Rev'it -- at least on clearance, like I did. I think Rev'it makes a better product than Tourmaster, from my experience. For the best protection & without knee sliders, go Dainese Alien Leather pants. Best pants I've put on, without pucks. Sometimes you can get them for discount if you look & ask, which is still not cheap. But neither is skin. Blue jeans only go so far, even with padding.

I, too, am in the market for some riding pants. I have been looking at several, some Scorpions and some AGV Sport Tellurides from

Pants :: MotorcycleGear.com

They don't sell the Teknic brand but Revzilla does. I really like the fact that these Teknic Chicanes (and most Teknic textiles) are made out of Cordura.

These are all considerably less than $200.

You might try sportbiketrackgear dot com. I've found them to be very good & when you ask about specific sizes, sometimes you will get a discount on the spot. Revzilla and motorcycle superstore are other options, just not as flexible with pricing.

Back