Need Stage 3 map help

dugancFz1

I loaded the Jondaddy Stage3 map tonight from Duke's map pack, started it up and it smells pig rich, plus the idle is all lopy. Took it for a quick ride and the first time I pulled the clutch in it stalled, raised the idle a little and it stopped stalling. The thing backfires like a goddamn cannon, less often, but when it does!!!!!!

Last night I gutted the air box and moved the left harness out of the frame hole and plugged the AIS, tonight I installed a K&N. I thought plugging the AIS was suppose to eliminate/reduce the backfiring/popping?

Any other suggestions for a map?

Mods:
Two Bros slip on
gutted cat
PC V
Lars mod
AIS blocked
K&N
16/46 gearing

Dumb question, but why would I want to run it with a zero map?
It ran great on the Lars stage II map with the gutted cat and slip on, only thing I changed was opening the air box, plugging the AIS and the K&N. The Jondaddy map seemed rich, other than the lopy idle and smell it seemed to run fine and pulled good. I will admit it was a very short ride and the TPS was not set and TPS was not set when I ran the stage II Lars map, which seemed to run very good.

To see how the bike runs without any fuel changes.

Or go back to the other map you ran.

Point being eliminate some of the variables so you can pin point the issue.

As in whittlebeast maps, if so I only see PC III maps.

So I used the import PC3 .djm tab on the my PC5 and successfully imported and saved Whittlebeast Averaged and Smoothed Maps stage III PC III map. I forget the username, but one member on here from NH has a very similar setup on there bike and seems to had a lot success with this map. I'll try it out tonight and or tomorrow morning.

Ran the Whittlebeast averaged and smoothed stage III map last night, it might pop a little less, not sure if the throttle is smoother than the Jondaddy map?

Just looking through some of map guide info in Dukes map pack, for my bike wouldn't a stage 2 map be more appropriate than a stage 3? Might that cut down on the massive backfires on higher RPM downshifts and the pig rich smell?

Mods:
Lars
K&N
Two Bros/ db killer
gutted cat
PV V
Plugged AIS
16/46 gearing

Last edited:
Back