My Wife's New Twins

bsly

My wife and I installed a new exhaust on her Ninja 650R this past weekend. They are IXIL twin cans made in Spain. Cost her a boat load of money, but they were the ones she really wanted. Very well made system. A bit on the heavy sid at 10 lbs inclduing the mid pipe and mounting plate, but worth the weight for the bad ass appearance and sound. Pictures don't do them justice. I took the 650R for a spin after finishing the install and my FZ1 sounded boring in comparison. I love the FZ1, but wish it had the sound of a twin or V4. Can't have it all I guess.:frown:

Any way, here are some pics of her exhasut before and after::D

LOL! I figured a few people might find the title a bit misleading. I forwarded the compliments to my wife about her cans.:tup:

We will try to get some sound clips sometime in the next week. Weather has been crappy in Ohio and I've got a sore throat. Monday is supposed to be sunny and 59, so I should be able to grab some sound clips then (hopefully a nice high RPM driveby!).

IXILs were becoming quite popular with the members of my Triumph forum back when I had my Sprint ST. Everybody who had them said that fit, finish, and sound were all top-notch. I'd say you made a good choice! Here's their Sprint exhaust...

4343.jpg

Back