My Texas World Speedway Video

I didn't realize Texas had so many snakes! :eek:

seriously though, I wish they didn't require full leathers here in CO to do a track day.....I would like the experience but not at the expense of having to spend an additional $700 +

seriously though, I wish they didn't require full leathers here in CO to do a track day.....I would like the experience but not at the expense of having to spend an additional $700 +

Some of the track day organizations have a rental plan, mine were free being my first trackday. So if you don't wreck the cost is around $100 down here anyway.

But don't skimp - the leathers are worth the money if you do happen to fall!

Check out CycleGear the have some decent entry level leathers that will only set you back $250.00 or less (Frank Thomas, Built and Sidici) if you go to one of there stores they some times have really discounted deals. I was going to use my Frank Thomas 2pc ($225.00) but my wife got me a 1pc Alpinestars Trigger suit for My Bday.

Cool vid Jeff nice riding. It looked like that by lap two you got in the groove and began hitting your turn ins better.

Check out this vid with the data logging, way too cool. I need to see what this camera costs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75QOvu3BEpA&feature=related]YouTube - runoff @ tws[/ame]

He says it a: "I'm using the Contour GPS camera to record & software from DashWare to display the GPS data on the video."

The guy in the yellow leathers works at On Road/Off Road Suspension.

Great video.....making me wish even more that my bike was back together to make the trip up North to some great twisty riding that I'll be fortunate to have this summer.

Or maybe meet you/Brad/Pete next year?!?

Great video.....making me wish even more that my bike was back together to make the trip up North to some great twisty riding that I'll be fortunate to have this summer.

Or maybe meet you/Brad/Pete next year?!?

Definitely! Ride date is posted - It would be GREAT if you could join us!

Cool vid Jeff nice riding. It looked like that by lap two you got in the groove and began hitting your turn ins better.

Thanks ! I am amazed at how much my riding progressed throughout the day! Next time (July?) I'll be getting off the seat more and I think I'll be more comfortable with the entry points and speeds. I didn't know how capable my FZ1 really was until that day and now I know it can do more than I asked.

I was also much more comfortable reading the other riders enough to pass more often and really did start to get a nice feel for the lines. Those blind over-the-hill turns are something to get used to - like turn 8!

:cheers:

Thanks ! I am amazed at how much my riding progressed throughout the day! Next time (July?) I'll be getting off the seat more and I think I'll be more comfortable with the entry points and speeds. I didn't know how capable my FZ1 really was until that day and now I know it can do more than I asked.

I was also much more comfortable reading the other riders enough to pass more often and really did start to get a nice feel for the lines. Those blind over-the-hill turns are something to get used to - like turn 8!

:cheers:

Reference points. Find the ones that work for you.

Felt the rush (3-4 lap) when you got slowed down with the supermoto and watched him take off. Only to be reeled in the straihtway like you were toying with him. Regardless of him being underpowered, it was a great chase/pass!

BTW, what were your straightaway speeds?

You should rent them.
LOL
Get Pyro to tell you about his rental experience :)

For this day they had big yellow duct tape X's on the track to mark turn in. If you hit those the track really flowed nicely, and they really helped in learning the track.

Yeah really don't want to get used to those markers. I need to become familiar with some more permanent land marks near by.

Last edited:
Back