My [new] FZ600S!

First breakdown! Well, the headlights only stopped working. Completely dead. Haven't looked into it yet but I'm sure it isn't anything major :)

Last edited:
First breakdown! Well, the headlights only stopped working. Completely dead. Haven't looked into it yet but I'm sure it isn't anything major :)

Probably a fuse, but I'd check for a short, maybe a rubbed wire. I never had an issue with any electric aside from the rotor.

Haven't sorted out the electrical issue yet but here's a video I pieced together testing out my new GoPro

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tdfXdmWV0Q]1986 Yamaha FZ600S GoPro test - YouTube[/ame]

WLMM screwed up the video somehow but I'll work it out for next time. Audio is choppy as well :(

Last edited:
Did some electrical exploration and found that the headlight fuse circuit had melted and blown the fuse. I will do some testing and see what we can do to beef up the wiring.

As an aside, the bike seems to have gobbled up some of its oil. I did another oil and filter change and will monitor it.

Bike is running well otherwise. Still haven't rebuilt the sticky calipers or upgraded the pads just yet. Eventually :D

Calipers rebuilt, bled and new HH pads are in. Haven't taken it out on the road yet other than a few 30mph passes to start bedding them in.

Still need to get the headlight wiring repaired. I may just use the standard 35w bulbs, if I can find them.

Yamaha Part Number: 1ML-84314-00-XX

Last edited:
Glad to see that you are taking care of the old girl Dustin. I'm glad it went to a good home! She is still sexy as ever. How do you like those new tires?

The new one I ordered from Rick's Motorsport is supposed to be thermally improved to eliminate that. I can say that for my friend's '86 VFR750, the Rick's Motorsport unit has been running strong for over a year now and his bike has had the same issues as Yamahas of the era

I ordered my new regulator/rectifier from ElectroSport.

Dustin, Just seen this thread, SWEET. I can not get a collector plate for my
700S yet in Washington, Sucks. I've been riding my 700S and love it, Fz1 is just sitting. Any ways, nice bike man.

Here is 1
007-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Had it repainted last spring. took to the frame and went to town. Larry did the work, If you need some work done call Larry. Meticulous Motorcycle Painting by Larry Pearson

I love those bikes and that one looks fantastic! We should do a Wet Coast Classic Japanese Sporty Bike Meet & Ride some time

A WCCJSBMR

:wilynily:

Back