My new bike = road/track whore

KNEEDOWN69

After parting with the FZ1 i scored this 05 ZX10 with full Akro race system incl PC3 custom tuned with 170hp @ the wheels = yes 170hp on a bike that has a dry weight stock of 169kg = awesome = but very linear with bags of torque throughout the revs, other extra incl Hyperpro dampner, rearsets, riflemans throttle mod, airfilter, MC off 08ZX6r, race lines. I have had it for 3-4 weeks now and have setup the suspension to my liking, this thing is on another level i have never ridden a Motogp bike but this must be the closes thing to one!!!, what a fantastic machine with power everywhere & the handling is awesome even for stock, these bike have a reputation for being an animal but so far i have found it very civilised and more comfotable than any other sportbike i have owned. My only complant is the front brakes are less than ideal on a bike this powerful, they seem to suffer from brake fade, even lines and new fluid n bleeding they seem lackluster so i have brought a pair of monoblock calipers of an 08 R6 with only a few km's and will machine them to fit the 300mm rotors, that should solve the issue also i will service the forks and rear and will revalve if required. I also parted with my ZX6r trackbike & wanted another track- focused machine with more grunt for the occasional social road ride & trackdays the ZX10r fits the bill to a T. The FZ1 was a great bike once fully modded, in hindsight i spent to much $$$ trying to make the FZ1 like a R1 or ZX.

Last edited:
Thats a beauty! Congrats on the find. Easy with all those Horses pal!

Yeah this thing a very fun to ride the more you push the better it feels, the suspension took a few ride to get my head around it is very track focused hence it feels harsh on bumpy roads but it fantastic on more smoother tarmac. I felt at home on the first ride...:)

Nice bike kneedown, the 05 ZX-10 was notorious for having a crappy Master Cylinder.
Most of the fellas I knew that had them were swapping them for Brembo units.

Everything is great about the bike and probably the most powerful literbike of it's time but it was also notorious about the way it delivered its power. Only thing I hate about it is that digital tach.

Last edited:
Nice bike kneedown, the 05 ZX-10 was notorious for having a crappy Master Cylinder.
Most of the fellas I knew that had them were swapping them for Brembo units.

It has a 16mm Nissan radial M/C off a ZX6r that the previous owner installed and i guess this would have been an improvement over stock. I have heard alot go for the Brembo unit, as nice as they are i am not prepared to part with that sort of $$$ yet, if anything i will source a R1 or R6 OEM Brembo unit if i go down that road. I have read that the calipers are the problem, to save weight they used Aluminium pistons instead of steel aswell they have 4 seperate pads? instead or 2 like on the later models?. Dont get me wrong they a powerfull and will stop you but they have no to little feel untill the lever is 3/4 pulled in not good for trail braking, i can touch to grips with the lever = i have re-bleed the brakes twice and its the same?. The 4 pot R1 & still used on R6 calipers are the ticket and should work.

Sweet ride. Boy you just got rid of what I have in my garage.

Hi Johnny, yeah the ZX6r was a great bike and fun but it lacked the grunt to lump my lard ass around the track. From 10k rpm + it was great but i found it to much work to hang with the litre bikes. The 10r is light it feels like a 600 and the shorter wheel base give great confidence to carry speed into and around the corners, the tranny is smooth and the slipper clutch feels similar to the 6r which was seemless.

Thought some of you guys might appreciate this = R1/R6 calipers on my ZX10R. I had to machine 4.5mm of the them to fit the 300mm discs, they work great i installed them last night and tested them today 100% improvement:icon_beer:.

Sweet setup for extreme carving (of high-speed get-aways!) I've always lusted after a true SS but my old body just cannot take the ergos... I can only dream.

Congrats and well done with the calipers. :Rockon:

Back