022902494.jpg

022902495.jpg

022902496.jpg

022902501.jpg

022902502.jpg

022902505.jpg

022902507.jpg

022902509.jpg

Thanks, guys, for the encouraging posts!
The coming week I am doing the wiring and will take out the beast for a walk, hopefully next Saterday! :)

How you planning on covering up your bling in the tail so that it does not allow all the elements to enter?
I didn't quite get your question, sorry, I am not a native speaker.
The bike stock version is without a rear fender, so in any way I am keeping the rear shock absorber dry and relatively protected from the elements. That was my purpose.

P.S. If you are referring to the back-end of the tail, then take a look at the registration plate, it is likewise a protection cover (or at least I hope so). Have to ride the bike a few miles to see what's happening in the rear "dirt department", then I will think about fine-tuning. Thanks for the note, anyway, it was useful, if I got your question right.

Today was a WIRE day. :)
Finally, the beast is up and running but with minor issues.
My biggest cincern is that the EXUP is not operational. I can hear the step-motor trying to turn, but the flap doesn't. I intend to dissamble the flap tomorrow. Any advice on this issue shall be most welcome.
The other two issues are the coolant temperature reading and the fuel level reading. I suppose that the R6 cluster uses different sensors for those two parameters. The coolent temperature reads "LOW" but when I short-circuit it, the warning light is on and digital reading is "HIGH".
For the fuel level, the lamp is flashing although the tank is full.
Again, It seems that R6 uses different sensors there.
All other readings and indications are OK!!! :) Lighting and signalling is OK! :)

I know it is not much useful over here, but anyway, here is the R6 cluster conversion diagram, pin by pin:

023167814-big.jpg

And here are some guys that are good with WIRES and soldering-iron. I just brought the wiring conversion diagram and the bike, and they did everything else. :)

023167633.jpg

023167635.jpg

023167638.jpg

023167640.jpg

023167642.jpg

023167644.jpg

023167645.jpg

023167647.jpg

023167648.jpg

023167651.jpg

023167652.jpg

023167654.jpg

023167655.jpg

The EXUP problem is fixed!
It turned out that only the EXUP cables were loose. I tigthened them to specifications and the EXUP is working properly now. The engine sound is a music, running smoothly through the whole RPM range! :)

I am happy.

Took some pictures in the sun.

023176999-big.jpg

023177001-big.jpg

023177003-big.jpg

Man that's awesome. You took a junker and turn it into a everyday user. Sure you've put lots of time and money into it but it's hopefully way cheaper than a decent used bike.

No, it's not, man.
It's much way more expensive than a decent used bike.
Broken Balkans, man.

Congrats K! The bike looks killer. I have to say one thing. Those two guys should have their own reality TV show. They look like two funny characters! If I saw that "birds nest" of wires staring at me in the face I don't know if I would be smiling.;) It looks like they did a fantastic job getting it electrified. Have fun riding it now. You deserve it after all the hard work!

Congrats K! The bike looks killer. I have to say one thing. Those two guys should have their own reality TV show. They look like two funny characters! If I saw that "birds nest" of wires staring at me in the face I don't know if I would be smiling.;) It looks like they did a fantastic job getting it electrified. Have fun riding it now. You deserve it after all the hard work!

Thanks, Billy!

Those guys are magicians when it comes to wires and not only wires.
They are smiling because the bike wiring was a piece of cake for them. They were actually having a rest doing the bike electrics.

This guy

023167635.jpg

recently swapped a 5.6l V12 BMW engine from 8th Series BMW 850 CSI into one of my 3rd Series BMW E30... :) You should have seen the wiring there... :)

Anyway, the bike needs a few more touches and two sensors from R6 and then it will be complete. I hate when something is not working properly, so I will fix those small things first and then we shall hit the road. Hell, it is killing me (knowing that the bike can be ridden) but then again, I cannot accept that something does not function properly and BTW water temperature reading is important.

Back