My 11 year old

ecruz

I made a quick run to the hardware store this evening. My son wants to come along for the ride. We pick up what we need and head outside. We're putting on our helmets and he says, "dad, can we take the long way home?"

I say, "absolutely, let me call mom and tell her we'll be out for a few."

I'm thinking, "Yes!!! My job is done." :shine:

Good for you keeping your son involved in what you love to do. Make sure you keep on keeping him involved and you'll end up with a great kid. Just don't kid yourself, your job has just begun. And, he's watching and copying every move you make. You may not have noticed it yet.

My oldest boy is about to turn 9 and he is going nuts to get on the back of mine........ I just dont think he is ready yet but I cant wait till he is. My x-wife will be ready to kill me LOL!!!!!

I took my daughter for a quick ride when she was around 19. I didn't like having her on my bike. It was a cruiser with a backrest.

My wife enjoyed riding with me until my riding buddies convinced her that I am crazy. This is fine with me but I was very careful when she was on board. In the beginning, we didn't wear gear. Then, after I tasted the pavement, I won't let her on the bike without gear. This annoys her some because she still believes in my safety but I do have her convinced that safety doesn't always come from me.

Personally, I think riding is almost stupid. Most folks don't realize how dangerous it is until they crash --- then many sell the bike and stay off. I am an adrenaline junkie and have no fear of death. I, also, have made sure my family doesn't need me for income.

I sold my bike and quit riding until my youngest was 17 because I knew I wasn't safe. I could never handle my loved ones getting hurt because I made a mistake.

Just don't kid yourself, your job has just begun. And, he's watching and copying every move you make.

Trust me, I know it's just beginning. I just meant, "my job is done", as far as getting him interested in bikes. When we got home, he asked how old I was when I got my first dirt bike? When I said 12, his eyes lit up, "so I can get one next year?" My wife was like, "no, no, no! Dad grew up in the country, we live in a subdivision. You wouldn't have anywhere to ride it." She has a good point.

Imagine what I will go through when my twinboys become 16 lolup I'm already saving up $$$

My granddaughter will be 2 years old before too much longer.....at least that's how seems to me. In reality it will be 6 months. Anyway, we're already planning the purchase of her first 50cc motorcycle with all the gear to go with it. With a rev limiter we can make it so she can't go any more than 5 miles and hour.....hell Eric can run that fast.....I hope. Lest anything happen.....it was all his idea.

Back