Mrs. Hellgate goes down...

On a side note I am convinced that cruiser type bikes are terrible for a new rider as the position doesn't allow the rider to fully control the bike. The high bars make it hard to counter steer, the forward controls put your weight on your butt, not your toes, and with the raked frontend the steering is floppy. Not a good combination for a newb. Would she not have crashed standard bike, no but I think she would feel more confident.

I'm convinced that cruiser type bikes are terrible for ANY rider for all the reasons you mentioned. I like to be part of the bike, in control and able to make the bike do what I want when I want (i.e. lift my butt off the seat when crossing railroad tracks). To a smaller extent, I don't believe super-sports are exactly proper for the street either.

That being said, to each his own. If someone enjoys that lack of control, that's fine with me as long as they don't cause an accident that hurts someone else because of it.

We all take a spill now and then!
The fact that she's ready to get right back on is a great sign. She's got a great teacher! :cowboy:

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2

Back