Moving to Bay Area

:eek5: IS the Bay Area ready for you??

Some great roads on the coast but more traffic too. Once you get settled send me a pm. I can show you some of the really great mountain roads in the Sierra's without the traffic (once you get up here).

Some great roads on the coast but more traffic too. Once you get settled send me a pm. I can show you some of the really great mountain roads in the Sierra's without the traffic (once you get up here).

They are pretty great. :) Makes me miss being down there. Maybe I should come down again soon

Last edited:

Same thing for me with the bay area roads. When you are settled PM me and l can fill you in on the Santa Cruz mountain and east bay roads.

Russ

I guess it is safe to say, it is more than what I expected to get! Will be building Cloud Operating Systems.

The 10K increase I got was not near enough money. Rent is super high these days. If you need any help with storing your bike till you get settled, I would be happy to help you out.

I worked out there from Austin for 14 years. I'll take Austin. I can always turn the AC on.

Interestingly, San Jose only had a 10% pay differential from Austin. "Oh, but the weather is perfect!" I'll take a well funded 401k, thank you very much.

I think making less in a beautiful place is a good trade-off. I don't like those big American cities but the more remote areas of Cali are spectacular. The area Doug lives in is just amazing, seems worthwhile to have less to get more out of life.

Less money can always be balanced by having less but that's not always easy for people, especially not in North America where people put stock in 'things' to get a sense of quality life

Who needs a house full of junk when the ocean and the Sierra-Nevada mountains are just a booger flick away?

Last edited:
I think making less in a beautiful place is a good trade-off. I don't like those big American cities but the more remote areas of Cali are spectacular. The area Doug lives in is just amazing, seems worthwhile to have less to get more out of life.

Less money can always be balanced by having less but that's not always easy for people, especially not in North America where people put stock in 'things' to get a sense of quality life

Who needs a house full of junk when the ocean and the Sierra-Nevada mountains are just a booger flick away?

Thanks Dustin, I never take for granted how nice it is to live in the Sierra's. Had the KTM out on a 85 mile ride tonight, mostly a lane and a half back roads with no center stripe or traffic and cliffs of 800 feet down to the North Fork of The American River- just bitchin'.
Let me know when you want to ride the Honda down here and we'll get crazy biker to ride up here. It's only 3.5 hours from the South Bay to Grass Valley.

Doug,

I've got a week's worth of vacation banked for next year, I'll see you in the spring. :D

I am considering a month off next time around, maybe make my way east over the Sierra-Nevadas

I would rather be in a place that has good weather all year around and great opportunities to switch jobs next door. No one has advanced his career much staying at a single company for 10+ years. One has got to switch to grow and advance his career and that has got to happen without needing to relocate and displace your family. Bay Area is that only place in USA

Back