Motorcycle Industry Council MIC Tire Guide

MIC Tire Guide

I just saw this on a local forum:

IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 6, 2011 – For the first time ever, the Motorcycle Industry Council is offering the motorcycling community an in-depth tire guide. Developed in conjunction with leading motorcycle tire manufacturers, this extensive, 20-page street tire guide is designed to assist motorcyclists with tire selection, inspection, maintenance and more. Not only does the MIC Tire Guide help riders choose the correct tires for their particular motorcycle and riding style, it also provides information on proper inflation, the hazards of overloading a motorcycle, and recognizing when it's time to replace tires.
The MIC Tire Guide also helps riders better understand and utilize sidewall information, and includes color photos, technical diagrams and charts outlining speed and load ratings. Also included are tire-mounting suggestions, a primer detailing the differences between how motorcycle tires and car tires work, and tips for dealing with a tire failure. Finally, a Tire Replacement Log and a Load Limit Calculator are added for convenience.
http://mic.org/downloads/MIC_Tire_Guide_2011.pdf

Last edited:
The other day as I approached a Honda Cruiser (not sure which model) I watched the side walls crush and squirm on the rear car tire he was using.

It looked like the bike would be able to stand up without a kickstand, if it didn't look so sloppy every time he moved left or right in the lane.

I wish I had a camera.

-----

After some searching on the internet... there is a forum for everything...

Cars tires mounted on Motorcycles forum: Riding on the Darkside

It just proves like attracts like

Back