Motogp ?

Let me make one thing VERY clear: I think Rossi is the GOAT!!! Quite frankly, if he wins the WC on the Duc, his status will be _____________!!! The ONE rider I would have LOVED to see Rossi race against is the great Mick Doohan! Mick only knew ONE SPEED---WFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can anyone talk crap about the riders in Moto GP? These guys are ridding at a level that is . . . . You guys remember the interview w/Spies on the grid at Laguna? Spies is FAST and he's stunned at the speed of the 'front guys'! Remember what he said about Jorge, Stoner, & Rossi? Do I like the races? NO!!!! But WATCHING THESE GUYS sliding those bikes @ stunning speeds is worth it!

Just to be diplomatic here, aside from a couple of comments which name some names, I'm sure we all realize that if you took the worst driver from Nascar, and the worst rider from MotoGP, they could still run circles around 98% of the people on this planet. No one can dispute that these athletes are the best at what they do or they wouldn't be where they are today. The original statement pertained to the excitement of the sport and how it has trailed off in comparison to racing years ago. Just because the cars and bikes have changed dramatically over the years, these guys and gals still need to run these machines on the very edge to be competitive on the racetrack.

I have no problem with anyone stating their opinion. Everyone has one and is entitled to voice it. Try and tell a Red Sox fan not to bad mouth the Yankees, and visa versa, not going to happen. It means absolutely nothing unless you allow it to.

I'm certain that it took much more skill to ride a 500 2 Stroke on the edge than it takes to ride an 800, but it's not the "new" guys fault that bikes and cars have become more manageable. It's just the progression of technology. In MotoGP they wanted to try and cure the problem of violent high side crashes to protect the racers just as Nascar did with the C.O.T. I'm certainly happy that these vehicles are now safer for the operators but it's true that much of the excitement is gone, at least for me. Younger viewers that never saw the "racers of old" wouldn't know the difference to begin with, so what they are watching now is just as exciting to them as it was for me watching Earnhardt, Allison, Petty, Yarlboro, Doohan, Schwantz, Rainey, etc.

Nobody is knocking Motogp riders, we all admire the skill to ride at this level. However, the racing is boring, i don't even bother staying up and watching it anymore. It seems Motogp is it's own worst enemy with to many rider aids (electronics) and a single tyre supplier. The racing has lost its element of suprise. remember not to long ago when Rossi crashed, got back on his bike and won the race. Ps If you don't like the thread don't read it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is knocking Motogp riders, we all admire the skill to ride at this level. However, the racing is boring, i don't even bother staying up and watching it anymore. It seems Motogp is it's own worst enemy with to many rider aids (electronics) and a single tyre supplier. The racing has lost its element of suprise. remember not to long ago when Rossi crashed, got back on his bike and won the race.

more and better camera coverage --- that's all I'm saying. I'm sure that maybe YOU ride at that level but most of us don't. I would love to understand the feel for backing a bike into a corner and having both wheels sliding at corner entry or popping a wheelie at the apex of a corner and only putting the wheel down after your way out of the exit. I enjoy watching these moves whether you think it's boring or not. I'm happy watching one guy at their level go around the track. Period.

Last edited:
Nobody is knocking Motogp riders, we all admire the skill to ride at this level. However, the racing is boring, i don't even bother staying up and watching it anymore. It seems Motogp is it's own worst enemy with to many rider aids (electronics) and a single tyre supplier. The racing has lost its element of suprise. remember not to long ago when Rossi crashed, got back on his bike and won the race. Ps If you don't like the thread don't read it!!!

I'm assuming that we're all adults here and can carry on a conversation or debate without using bad language. Lets all voice our opinions on stuff but keep the language clean! Thanks.

Motogp is becoming very processional of late, the Hondas clear off, the Yamahas to and fro a bit and everybody still raves about Rossi and his new Ducati and its problems. Look at Moto2, any one of a dozen riders could win, close racing, paint swapping, crashes, exciting to watch. Motogp was like that once upon a time...just my opinion you understand.

i just wanna share my absolute joy of watching stoner crash out last nite !!
Moanin little git !!! Love it how at the end of qualifying he had a bit of a to-do with alex espargaro and cut him up playin the so-called hardman,
just love it how karma threw it's hand in and saw him crash out during the race!

You will always be a muppet casey !!!!!!

Hahahahahahaha
:teeter:
your just jealous you cant ride like him lmfao!!

my rant ??? No, it's called opinion ! Lol it seems like i've hit a nerve here !! Or does the truth just hurt ?lol
well if you follow racing closely enough you would know that there is always a primary rider and a secondary rider. Casey being the first.
If you look at the race just gone, notice how ben spies (who is riding a bike with new 2011 parts and factory upgrades) did all the other yamahas ?? Thats right, performance in motogp is everything, even a rookie can score high !!
Well lets hope the amazing rider you call casey can buck up his ideas next year at honda, i doubt he will change anythin for the japs, can't wait to hear the first excuse of 2011 !! Hehehe it will prob be 1 for the joke book !!

Seth

yep its official your a goose!

Hi guys..someone of you knows that on 2009 and 2010 seasons I worked with puccetti racing team in supersport class,italian in 2010 but world in 2009 with G.Viziello..(I love sport's bike and I did everything to work in that world) When you stay with those guys,you can see the dream in their eyes but without money the dream never be true! Family with only debits on their counts to support a soon that maybe is strong like someone else just famous but probably the dream will never came troue:-( I'm not talking about someone in special but,like in F1,in 2 wells competitions,small teams prefers a rider ''with the bag'',and top teams take riders from small;-) is just my reflection that I want divide with you because I can't forget the eyes of some young guys sure that will be ''the new Rossi''but probably will work in a garage trying to refund his family...Anyway,Motogp: this is a season that will close a nightmare! 800cc epoc was a great error!!Do you remember first motogp seasons? Amazing! Rossi from 15th position goes to win the race! All curves makes like dirt track with black trace from tires! Incredible epoc but like all nice things someone need to destroy it:-( honda was the factory that more pushed for reduce motor size so this season is doing everything to win the last 800cc season because never win one untill now! Nobody like this class and from 3 years nobody marks a new inscription waiting for the new 1000cc class.. I'm the first very angry to watch a 15 riders race but I remember 500cc race were Dooan start first and go strait untill the end without any passing..I'm sure that next season can be ''the reborn of motogp''!I'm a yamaha fan so in this moment I'm supporting Lorenzo and Ben! Honda have the best machine this year..no way!Stoner is amazing and his drive's style hypnotic!But he is not the best because when he is not able to drive over the problems!First ducati title comes in a surrealed season when all japan factorys wrong to calculate engines's power with the new tank limit..I remember that some italian journalist talking to look for some secret tank on ducati!Than the Rossi/michelin divorce..Rossi loose more than a race for tires problems..So my compliments to stoner but start and win with more than 20sec on the second is different from winning fighting..What's about next season? Stoner was favorite,yamaha far from ducati performance but he take a vacation!And paddok rumors are very different from what magazine sad..but is a gossip that I can't write here.,I don't want loose my fz1-forum member position! Anyway,honda/stoner is the favorite pack this year but I'm sure that Lorenzo is not just over the game! Next season I hope to see an exiting moto1(new class name) and I'm sure that Ben will fight to win to!I hate ducati so I hope that remaining is this situation but Rossi is the best of ever and cost a lot to phillip morris so new gp12 will be able to fight for title..maybe with a similar deltabox chassis that ducati never builded for capirossi?;-) I'm sure that from next year the question will be about the sense of sbk..with gp team can use derivate engines and superstock championship that really show a derivate competition..

It's premier class racing and it's still great fun to watch. Sometimes there are parades just like in F1 but that's the reality of it. Every single race can't be some epic battle and it just goes to show the attention span of society today.

I am happy with 2011 and can't wait for 2012!

motorsports and speed mondial in particular are my passion from King Wayne epoch;-) I never miss a race so I can't deny you that I'm afraid seeing from 2 years the top class decimate like that.. The season is just at the beginning and I really hope that yamaha compense the gap and Lorenzo try to be double champion,maybe with a little simoncelli help..he just shutted at 3 riders..includ stoner can be possible not? ;-)
I really hope that but I'm scared by the situation..an honda/stoner so strong and a so bad economic situation can push yamaha to not invest on 800cc upgrades looking for next season..
I really hope that my sensation is wrong..but in Italy everybody talk only about moto1..like last year,before mugello accident,everybody only about Rossi in ducati like the championship just were finish..

Back