MotoGP

I'm a big fan of MotoGP myself. I've been to plenty of Aussie GP's and twice to Malaysia too.
Next year is going to be awesome. We have Rossi on a factory Ducati.
Stoner, Pedrosa and Dovi on factory Hondas, Lorenzo and Spies on factory Yamaha's.
Rossi has never had so much strong competition and next year will be very telling for all.
I'm a huge Casey Stoner fan. I've been following him since he started in 125cc and have watched him his whole GP career. I can't wait for next year when he gets on a Honda. I reckon he'll go very close to winning it next year.
Bring it on.

I'm not a huge Stoner fan, but that lady of his, oh man.... that is some hot business right there.

Unfortuanantly Spies is done 'till next year with his ankle injury. I felt bad for Simoncelli he deserved to be on the podium this weekend. Dovi put the factory HP on him :shoot:

Lorenzo pretty well made his point that it wasn't just a fluke... dominante in a way that can't really be questioned (no Hayden syndrome for him). Not my favorite rider at all but he is for real. Kenny Roberts said the one thing about the guy that struck him was his determination- he really could have just coasted around the track for the last couple of rounds and it would have made no difference, but he went for it. Has the record for single season points.

Greatest shot of the whole race for me was Rossi hugging the Yamaha at the end... a very human moment for someone that has lived anything but a simple, ordinary life. I hope the Ducati deal goes well, but Rossi will forever live in GP fame as a Yamaha champion.

Lorenzo, did well and likely would ahve won even if danny and valentino didnt get hurt; indeed, he is no fluke but I would say after some of the getoffs he had in previous years he is lucky to have had his health this year.

Personally i was really impressed with danny and valentino getting back in the saddle so quickly and retaning second and third in overall points even after missing several races. I was also impressed with Spies this year. I was sure he would do well but 6th in the overall standings and not on a factory bike... and his first year at GP level... and riding on tracks he had never been on. WOW!

Next year may be interesting or it may not... too many people trading places; lorenzo may just walk away while everyone else is workin out the kinks.

Next year may be interesting or it may not... too many people trading places; lorenzo may just walk away while everyone else is workin out the kinks.

I think this might be what happens. Everyone jumping all over the place but Lorenzo riding his championship-winning bike again. Hopefully we'll see some crazy things, but I would imagine there will be a lot of the same next year, just with different riders wearing different colors.

I'm really excited to see Rossi on an Italian bike. I've been waiting for that for a very long time. I'd be amazed to see a lot of progress in the first season, and then the change back to higher displacement will level the playing field again (hopefully).

The high for me this season was really seeing how big a rock star Spies is. I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan every race since the AMA days.

The low point for me is again the lack of truly season-long results from Nicky Hayden. Especially the way it ended for him in Spain so early on. At least he's uninjured, and I think Vale will help him be more consistent.

I'm pretty stoked to see the 1000's comming into play, it really seems like the 800's only work all the time for certain riders. I'd like to see more running it in deep on the brakes hard and squaring corners off, more (if the electronics allow) getting the rear a bit loose from time to time comming out of the corners... that makes it fun to watch. I imagine straight line speed will be pretty equal. Bring back Hopper! An interesting year awaits that is for sure.

Back