MotoGP

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
Teaser.....
n505144_spies.test.valencia.original.jpg

n508089_spies002.original.jpg

Last edited:
You know, I like seeing Rossi dominate because the longer he goes the more of a legend we get to see. But ya gota love Spies! I hope he becomes part of the front running pack!

Yes sir, I think Spies will be a threat. The kid is FOCUSED!
I've been a fan of Nicky Hayden for a lot of years.

I still root for Nicky, but I'm a Spies fan too...come on April 11th!

I just hope Spies kicks Pedrosa's behind!

I just hope Spies kicks Pedrosa's behind!

I think there's gonna be plenty of ass-kicking for Pedrosa this season :)

Spies should do well but I can't see him breaking into the top 3. I think a top 6 finish to the season with a couple of podium finished thrown in would be a great rookie season. Any better will be a bonus.

Ahhh come on Seth give the guy a break. He started from pole and lead for the entire race. And to quote Casey after the race:

Casey Stoner says: "This win is a big relief, to be honest! We had the first race in Qatar wrapped up until I made a mistake and their have been other opportunities to win this year that I have missed out on through my own errors. We have had a lot of problems trying to find the final two or three tenths to run with Dani and Jorge this season but we changed the bike completely this weekend to adjust my position on it and got it working almost how we want it to."

Doesn't sound like a guy trying to shift blame to me. Good onya Casey, can't wait for Phillip Island. :australia:

Just got back from Phillip Island today. The weather was shite for most of the weekend but cleared for the main races thankfully. As we all know Stoner lead from start to finish. Here's a photo I took of him down the main straight but as you can see he was just too fast and I'm a shit photographer.

attachment.php

OK here's one where I got him picture.

attachment.php

It was great to be there. To see him get pole in qualifying was fantastic. During the race noone came close to him and I just had my fingers crossed that he wouldn't bin it. As an Aussie it was certinaly worth the 2768km ride to see Casey win his fourth Phillip Island MotoGP in a row.

GO CASEY

:party0011: :party0011: :australia: :party0011: :party0011:

PS the first photo was a genuine attempt to get a pic of Casey. Yes there was alcohol involved.

Next year is going to be very interesting with Casey and Rossi changing camps. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Good stuff Bluey. I'm missed out this year but I'll be there for sure next year.
I also can't wait for 2011. I reckon Casey will smoke them next year on the Honda, fingers crossed.

The only thing that has bummed me about this year is Pedrosa crashing out, and not being able to force Lorenzo into working hard for it. Not that I'm a big Pedrosa fan but I wanted to see this one come down to the wire.

The slow-motion shots of Stoner power sliding through the corners on t.v. were awesome. With all of the electronics they now have you don't seem to see it as much. I'm a Spies fan all the way but Stoner is a beast if he gets a chance to check-out. Ben is all factory next year and it's going to be awesome.

I don't notice much interest in this particular thread, but I personally dig MotoGp alot.

One thing i'm looking forward to is the move to 1000cc machines, which is going to shake things up alot I beleive. The current 800cc bikes are screamers that need perfectly smooth/fast cornering, alot like 250cc two-stroke bikes do. When they go to the 1000's, the "point-and-shoot" guys are going to be back into the game alot more. Not just one technique. I would like to see more backing it in and getting it sideways on the way out (despite traction control ). Team changes are going to make next year interesting.

Also, the photo above showing Stoner going down the straight, notice the flags... almost a bit ironic

Last edited:
I've been following Moto GP well before it was Moto GP . . . Rossi was on a 125 . . . . I only follow it RELIGIOUSLY!!! You lovers of the sport read Spies comments on what he's scared of next year? Stoner on a Honda! The Honda is definitely working and w/Stoner . . . Rossi on a Ducati . . . 2011 is gonna be VERY interesting. Hayden also said he is VERY interested to see what Rossi can do w/the Ducati. Stoner is the ONLY one that has ever tamed 'The Beast' . . . and I have TOTAL faith in Rossi!

I have only been following MotoGP for a couple years now having been primarily an F1 fan (and other 4 wheeled racing), but I'd say this season has been excellent and I can't wait to see what all these rider changes will bring.

The Stoner/Honda deal is going to be something to watch. It's a bike that seems to be perfect for the smaller riders (remember when they changed the Honda to fit Pedrosa... no longer optimum for Mr. Hayden). I'm pretty enthusiastic about next year to see what happens. Suzuki? What will happen if our favorite back marker dissapears :gagged:??? I personally think the Yamaha was a perfect fit for Rossi but who knows the guy has a reputation for making bikes work that have flaws compared to the rest of the competition, He is going to bring out the best in the Ducati and I will certainly root for him. I'm really hoping to see some serious dog-fights going on.... and A couple of 1st place finishes for Spies (wouldn't bet the ranch on it but it could happen). So basically we have alot of team/rider changes for '11, then a switch to 1000's after that.... some much needed change for sure. The racing has been good but not amazing at all times lately.

Back