Most useful tools

Here is my most useful tool:

head_and_brain.jpg

:p:laugh2:

A quick follow up

31Nsfk7dw4L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have several of these but I only have one with the LED light. That makes a HUGE difference!!! In fact, when I went to grab it a few days ago - I was really disappointed to find that the light had gone out. As soon as I finished the job I ordered another "Grabber" without even thinking twice.
Just sitting around killing time I decided to look at it. I figured there has to be a power source somewhere:

Turns out it's in the handle

20120209_063537.jpg

A few quick turns and it reveals a battery pack of three LR-41 batteries.

20120209_063613.jpg

20120209_063745.jpg

A search online finds 10 of them on Ebay for 60 cents - Shipped. That saves you $15 for replacing the tool - plus it gives me some satisfaction of fixing something.

20120209_064107.jpg

Hope this helps someone save some cash if your light goes out :D

:sport12:

Last edited:
I believe this tie-down is called "canyon Dancer". It is invaluable. I've had mine for many years. Mostly it just hangs on the wall, but when I need it, it is often the only way to strap down a bike.

I believe this tie-down is called "canyon Dancer". It is invaluable. I've had mine for many years. Mostly it just hangs on the wall, but when I need it, it is often the only way to strap down a bike.

Yep that's the name, Anyways this one is a few bucks cheaper hopefully the quality is as good. I will review it when have an opportunity to use it.

20120426_231305.jpg

I bought this little 90 degree screwdriver for about $7 thinking I would use it as a screwdriver and then pop the bits out and use it as a star, etc. Well the bits DON'T pop out. HAHAHA!!! I suppose you could force them out someway but I don't think it would be worth it. In the end - it's a good little tool for tight Philips and standard screws.
It has still been a handy little piece for the money.

Cheap little Harbor Freight Welder. LOL These are half to 1/3 the price of the nicer welders that I have used and this little monster has held up to everything I have thrown at it.

Unique spreader pliers

We all have several pliers for squeezing things together but I needed a pliers to spread things apart. I finally found one! The Proto Tools Blackhawk PT-1266. It's great for popping clips, getting hoses off fittings, anything that needs to be spread apart. Once I got it I wondered what I did without it, when you need it, you need it. Well worth the $30 or so.

View attachment 14145

Back