lower risers

I went and replaced my SV650 risers with some FZ8 riser bottoms mated to FZ1 top.

IMG_1364.JPG

If someone is interested, I'll sell the SV650 risers.

Anyone here tried some regular streetbike barends? Like the ones that come on a R1 or GSXR1000? I have often thought about trying some out, the ones that are adjustable for height and whatnot

Just Rotate bars in risers?

Anyone done this? I notice my stock bars bend back towards me. What happens if I rotate them so the bend is straight down? I was thinking of "slightly" lower bars, before I buy a taller windshield to get my head out of the breeze on the freeway. At 6'2" 235, I already have an 18" neck, but I did not want to build it up to 19" to fight the buffeting I am getting from the face shield up, once I hit >65mph. :surrender: Maybe the aftermarket windshield is a better idea?
Just curious.

Anyone done this? I notice my stock bars bend back towards me. What happens if I rotate them so the bend is straight down? I was thinking of "slightly" lower bars, before I buy a taller windshield to get my head out of the breeze on the freeway. At 6'2" 235, I already have an 18" neck, but I did not want to build it up to 19" to fight the buffeting I am getting from the face shield up, once I hit >65mph. :surrender: Maybe the aftermarket windshield is a better idea?
Just curious.

done that already. you cant rotate them very far before they hit the tank. also cant rotate the left side controls enough without making a new anti-rotation hole in the bars. got mine now so that the bars clear the tank by 1 finger at full lock, but its a PITA. hoping the FZ8 lower risers will get me the little bit extra. also, i found the ZG Shorty DB windscreen redirects the air at my chest instead of the head, which is much more tolerable (i'm 6'3").

Hey did you have any problems with those GZ250 risers??? stockbar??

I know this is an old thread but I have just done this mod! I have no issues clearing the tank, however I run hot grips and on the throttle side the way I have installed the grip on full lock it catches the wire and makes the throttle open. Easy fix, just got to get the grip off and re position it.

Verdict: I'm 6ft2 and this mod is night and day better for me, I feel like im more part of the bike now. Love it.

Back