Lower fairing - What do you think.

I think the fairings looks great on the fz, i also like the n model full streetfighter , i also like the half fairing.. lol i'm all confused on which way to go.. i'll most likely end up full fairing. just for a lil added wind protection

About the Fairings

Isn't this why we bought the FZ1, because it's different and has a meaner naked look to it? They look fine on it, but I prefer the non-fairing look. If I wanted fairings I would have bought an R1.

Isn't this why we bought the FZ1, because it's different and has a meaner naked look to it? They look fine on it, but I prefer the non-fairing look. If I wanted fairings I would have bought an R1.

I really bought my FZ for the riding position, not because it was naked. My 47 year old wrists can't stand the sportier position of the R-1, not to mention that I couldn't afford an R-1. My lowers are coming shortly. I can't wait.

I'll be interested to see in order to help me finalize my decision on which way to go. I'm on either side of the fence -- and guess yours will be the tipping point.....:waiting: :)

Had a belly pan, but it made contact with the exhaust and melted it. come to think of it, was probably when the stealer did the oil change and just slapped it on...oh well, long since hit the trash.

BroHay

My baby with factory fitted lowers, these not only I.M.O look good but also give excellent protection from the elements.

DSCF1181.jpg

I definitely like the factory lowers but not their price.

I especially like the look of these sport scoops with the factory chin fairing. Yamaha never made them available as an option here in the states and they are very expensive to get from Canada, but look quite unique. Not my bike, but I wouldn't mind mine looking like this :)

273484903_6Hyrv-L.jpg

I think they wouldnt look out of place on the naked gen2 either, are they only available in canada ?

They would probably look very good on the naked bike also since it still leaves a good amount of the frame and engine exposed.

I am not sure where else they were available. Just know that they were not available here in the US, but available in Canada. I would suspect they were available in Europe also. Check out the Yamaha accessories catalog on some UK sites and see if you can find any reference to sport scoops.

I especially like the look of these sport scoops with the factory chin fairing. Yamaha never made them available as an option here in the states and they are very expensive to get from Canada, but look quite unique. Not my bike, but I wouldn't mind mine looking like this :)

273484903_6Hyrv-L.jpg

Hmm, How would I go about getting them? I like the look. Who would I contact? Maybe one of Canadian friends can help!!

I have found the part and the part number - in the red color as shown it is
DRMK - 3C3-W0716-62-00

I have sent an email to a Canadian motorcycle dealer to see if they can be purchased and for how much.

Now, there is something to think about. Steetfighter with the 1/2 uppers and the lower bellypan. Might have to look into of of I ever get a Gen II.

Evil this site is I tell ya! :sinister:

273484903_6Hyrv-L.jpg

it's not just "the naked look" for me on why i bought an fz1 it was the ability to commute and have a more long distance bike without sacrificing the ability to hit the twisties and still have big hp on tap.I like having so many options to personalize my fz1 for me,not just keep the pure naked look.To each his own.

Here is my wife's...

5742d1301786296-mrsfz1innh-build-thread-revealed-vid-pics-dsc00735.jpg

Pros:
  • Looks (if you like full fairings)

Cons:
  • An already hot bike now feels even hotter.
  • Much more difficult to change the oil.
  • Front signals are a PAIN to put in and they have to be removed to get the fairings off.
  • Makes frame sliders a challenge. Had to buy two R1 kits to make one FZ1 set!

This is mine with the sport scoops and before several other mods. These were Tony's red ones that got damaged and I bought from him. I opted for Black for now but that could change. ;)

9116d1330891134-yamaha-sport-scoops-dsc01380.jpg

Pyramid Fairing

I'm new to the site. This is my first post...I purchase a new '13 FZ1 (left over) a little over a year ago. I do some touring so I set it up best I could for this purpose. The bike is working great for me. One thing I'm not especially happy with has nothing really to do with the bike. I purchase an aftermarket fairing from Pyramid. The thing looks fantastic really but after about a year and only around 4,000 miles the mounting points that are glassed in on the backside are starting to show signs of fatigue on outside. The very nice silver paint and clearcoat that coast several hundred dollars is becoming distorted at these locations. I contacted the manufacturer and their solution was to send stickers to cover these areas. The white and black stickers looked rotten on the bike so I didn't use them. Thinking of repairing and repainting but worried this will just happen again.
Anyone have experience with this?

IMG_0560.jpg

Back