Lower fairing - What do you think.

FLFZ1

I am thinking about ordering the lower fairing for my 08 FZ1. I have always like the racer look. I have a couple of pictures of FZs with lower fairings.
What do you guys think?

I have always liked the look of the fairings on the FZ1 but at the same time like the different naked look so it doesn't blend in with all of the SS bikes. I think the FZ1 looks great either way though, can't go wrong and you can always take them off down the road if you change your mind.

I love the lowers on the Gen II... they did a much better job with those in comparison to the Gen 1 lowers... those things look horrible... I like the factory lowers on the Gen II, as well as the several guys who have put FJR lowers on the Gen II's.

Lower fairings

Here's what they look like on the 2006 or 2008 in red.

BTW--a taller shield makes much more of an impact of you are thinking of minimizing wind turbulence. That being said, I like mine.

Here's what they look like on the 2006 or 2008 in red.

BTW--a taller shield makes much more of an impact of you are thinking of minimizing wind turbulence. That being said, I like mine.

I was not really looking to reduce the turbulence as much as I was looking for the look. Not sure I like the tall shield. For one I would hate to buy it and not like it.

I like the lowers, just think might need some more contrasting colors on them. Maybe a gold FZ1 on it about mid way down or maybe some type of Z lighting bolts would be cool. :D

To each his own but for my two cents when you start cluttering the bike with extra plastic it begins to take away from the visual effect of the bike. It's a ploy the manufacturers have used for years. Sell a naked but sell a bunch of extras to up the profit margin. Harley is the king of that scam.

My personal view, when I catch myself putting extra plastic (with all respect tothose who have these lower fairings and bigger windscreens) I sell my GenII and buy me an FJR :innocent:....but only when I'm retired :D

FLFZ1, I agree the fairings do need some bling added to them. I just haven't added anything to them at this point.

As far as the windscreen, to each his own. It looks more out of place in the photos than it does in person; however, its function far outweighs the aesthetic IMHO--especially when I take my bi-monthly four hour pilgrimage to Vegas!

Den_Arnold, no offense taken. We each have our own likes and preferences. (I liked the FJR, but it was too big for my style).

The more I think about it the more I think I can use the money better for other mods.
Lonerider - I agree the FZ1 does have a neat appearance to it without the added plastic.

Thanks to all for your input. :D

lowers and windshields (GIVI, PUIG,Copperdawg)

The lowers on Gen II are really nice but so expensive,it's crazy. I went for the factory lower cowl which to me, looks the best among lower cowls (PUIG isn' bad either). Can't wait to get my OEM though.

For the shield, I tried the tall GIVI which I didn't like cause it creates more turbulence for my 5'7", now I got the PUIG racing in dark smoke. Easy install, perfect fit , better protection than OEM and looks great.

But all of you guys must have a look at Copperdawg.com he makes awesome windshield which I think I will order even if pricy, it's too nice!:bowdown:

lower fairing

Check out this site save 30% on all your Yamaha parts they are located in Seattle and have the cheapest prices I have found on the net for OEM parts. The lower fairing kit is $479.96 and the lower cowl is $262.46. I bought the lower cowl for my 08' in red and also ordered a cover that looks real nice for $82.46. Anyway if your considering buying the fairing or cowl this is the place.
cueist [kyoo-ist]
–noun a billiard player.

:hi jack:

The aftermarket has not caught up yet with the demand for different windscreens?

One FS in "the other forum", red and slightly used for 225.00....I'd hate to see what they go for new...

BroHay

Last edited:
Lowers

I also have a 2006 with factory lowers, which make it look superb. One thing I would mention is that whilst fitting Ivan's FCE, the lowers extended the job by at least 2 hours with all the faffing around getting the plastics off and on again - very carefully!!

:)

Back