Long ride going somewhere!!!

Alright guys. I am dead serious with this one.

At some point near mid august to late august I want to do a long ride somewhere. I would like to get a bunch of people in on it. I am unfortunately not good at planning things like this and I hate having to be the "leader" when it comes to actually riding. But I do want to get together with a bunch of people and do some sort of ride through some nice areas. Problem is I have no idea where to go.

Planning for like a trip that does not go much further out than say 500 miles from RI. That way we can get to this place in a day, ride around for a day, and then get home in a day. Figure like we head there Friday morning then settle down for the night and relax, ride the entire next day or maybe even two days, then head home.

I am open to suggestions on good places.

I already have a few small trips planned going up to NH but I want something that I have never even heard of! Other than NH, MA, CT, I am totally clueless as to what else is out there!

Anyone else want to get in on this with me? I am sure we can all meet up at certain checkpoints along the way to whichever place we are going to go.

Just trying to get the ball rolling before its too late. I said I was going to do the dragon last year, but I don't know if I can handle a ride like that honestly. Its almost 1K miles just to get down there.

Alright guys. I am dead serious with this one.

At some point near mid august to late august I want to do a long ride somewhere. I would like to get a bunch of people in on it. I am unfortunately not good at planning things like this and I hate having to be the "leader" when it comes to actually riding. But I do want to get together with a bunch of people and do some sort of ride through some nice areas. Problem is I have no idea where to go.

Planning for like a trip that does not go much further out than say 500 miles from RI. That way we can get to this place in a day, ride around for a day, and then get home in a day. Figure like we head there Friday morning then settle down for the night and relax, ride the entire next day or maybe even two days, then head home.

I am open to suggestions on good places.

I already have a few small trips planned going up to NH but I want something that I have never even heard of! Other than NH, MA, CT, I am totally clueless as to what else is out there!

Anyone else want to get in on this with me? I am sure we can all meet up at certain checkpoints along the way to whichever place we are going to go.

Just trying to get the ball rolling before its too late. I said I was going to do the dragon last year, but I don't know if I can handle a ride like that honestly. Its almost 1K miles just to get down there.

Well with NH, MA and CT out, that leaves you 46 states you can explore that don't require shipping your bike. West Virginia appears to have some great roads based on the map.

Kind of far coming my way... I'm riding from WPB to Laconia, NH next month! Can't wait... been prepping the 6R for a long ride for a while... getting there now!

Papa how about a trip to the Catskills in NY? I know myself, Billy and Eric (and Michele) have kicked the idea around before. I think a long weekend would be sufficient.

Papa how about a trip to the Catskills in NY? I know myself, Billy and Eric (and Michele) have kicked the idea around before. I think a long weekend would be sufficient.

I would be interested in this... especially since I live in the Catskills :tup:

I was in Lake Placis last summer. It was an awesome place to ride. I'm not sure how it relates to your desire to stay within 500mi of R.I., but I had a blast riding there, and stayed in an awesome hotel. It was very reasonably priced and had a great restaurant/bar attached. If you guys head there I'd be interested in heading that way from here in Canada and meeting up.

How far is Catskills? I'm in for that!

Texas is too far lol. Marthy are you taking 95 the whole way up then to 93?

Catskills is a region not a town as you can see in the map below. Not sure where in RI you're located, but it's roughly about 250 miles from Providence so it fits your criteria ;)

attachment.php

Catskills sounds nice. I am in Cranston about 10 miles south of Prov.

Who wants in for this ride?

I would definitely be interested on meeting up and taking a ride if you come my way (I live in the Kingston/Saugerties area on the map.) Would even be able to show you some decent roads depending where you want to go. But of course I can't commit until a date is firmed up, my weekends are getting quickly booked up this summer.

I really cannot set a date right now. My weekends are all open so I base things off weather. If you guys all want to do it, make a date that works for you all who have legit busy schedules and I will just go whenever LOL.

I truly don't care what we do or where we go I just want to do something DIFFERENT!

Michele and I are considering a trip down to ride in the Catskills with Billy. No idea when but it will likely be arrival Friday night, ride Sat and Sun then head out Monday AM. Maybe this can work out to a good size group ride?

Back